User Tag List

Thread: Pn hydro pro

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pn hydro pro

On alot of the forums, guys have been asking about a comparable product to Optimum Nutritions Platinum Hydro Whey. PN carries HYDRO PRO, which is actually better then HYDRO WHEY at a better price...better overall quality..Whether you want this product for Post Workout or Intraworkout..this is one of the highest quality proteins on the market. It comes in various flavors.

In my experience, the Cinabun is one of the most sought after flavors in the PN line. All of them taste phenomenal.

Retail PN Hydro Pro sells for $14 per pound compared to ON's average of $23 per pound.

Flavors:
    Gourmet Chocolate
    Gourmet Vanilla
    Banana
    Black Coffee
    Blueberry
    Cinnabun
    Chocolate Mint
    Cookies and Cream
    Mint
    NATURAL Banana
    NATURAL chocolate
    NATURAL vanilla
    NATURAL strawberry
    Unflavored/No flavor added

SOLD BY THE POUND

Customers have been asking us for a hydrolyzed whey product that tasted great. Many customers wanted the benefits of Hydro 520 without the bitterness associated with it. In true Prescription Nutrition fashion, we listened to you, designed, sourced, and produced the next generation in hydrolyzed whey protein. Introducing HydroPRO.

HydroPRO can be compared to ON's Platinum Hydro Whey. HydroPRO contains a high level of peptides, similar to Hydro 520, for the rapid delivery of protein and other nutrients for aiding in recovery, strength, and building lean muscle without the harsh, bitter taste. In fact, HydroPRO is one of the cleanest tasting proteins we offer. This protein is also health conscious as it is produced from GRASS-FED cattle who are growth hormone free also. That's right no GMOs or hormones are used in this product, hence making it again, one of the cleanest proteins we offer.

HydroPRO Benefits

Helps to support increased physical performance
    Increase in recovery ability
    Supports increased insulin response thus promoting muscle protein synthesis and decreasing breakdown by inhibiting amino acid oxidation
    Delivers high amount of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs)

When PN began designing HydroPRO, we wanted something that gave our customers everything they asked for and we believe we did. HydroPRO performs extraordinary in both the gym and in mixing. HydroPRO mixes instantly in a shaker cup and even with a spoon. This again was an improvement on Hydro 520. It does not stop there though. HydroPRO is a clean and pure protein source. It is comprised of only hydrolyzed whey protein isolate for rapid digestion, quick uptake by the body, and immediately start working to aid in lean muscle building, endurance or recovery. It does this through the use of peptides. All of the protein in HydroPRO is in peptide form to one degree or another. Rather than get all technical on you, like we have in the past, HydroPRO simply contains varying sized peptides for rapid absorption. This makes HydroPRO an ideal protein supplement first thing in the morning, before workouts, and after intense physical activity as these are the most crucial times for your body to ingest and use protein.

HydroPRO Features

Superior protein source with excellent amino acid profile
    Clean taste
    This product has
    Cholesterol free
    Low Glycemic Index
    100% Natural
    Instantized for easy mixing on-the-go
    Kosher and Halal approved
    Digestibility 98 % - 100 %
    PDCAAS 0.98

Let's talk about taste shall we. HydroPRO tastes great for a couple reasons. One is the source of the product and the way it is produced. Advances in production have made it possible to remove the bitterness associated with protein hydrolysates. But PN went a step further. We made this product "creamy" by adding a small amount of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) to the formula. This addition makes the taste creamy and semi-sweet, hence we only used stevia as a sweetener for this product. NO SUCRALOSE for one of the cleanest whey proteins on the planet. The best part is, the addition of MCTs actually provides a small burst of energy since they typically cannot be absorbed and stored by the body. Again another functional component to make a great product, superior.

Give this product a try and you will not regret it. Consider what it is comparable to. Platinum Hydro Whey by ON, cheapest online price is 23.00 per lb plus shipping. PN is offering this for far less and you know the quality is there. We never sacrifice quality in our products. Did i mention we have more flavors as well. Whether its gourmet chocolate or any other of the creamy delicious flavors this product takes on, you are sure to reap the benefits.

Ingredients
    Hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, medium chain triglycerides, maltodextrin, stevia, artificial and natural flavors, soy lecithin

Allergens
    Contains milk and soy ingredients
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do the "Natural" flavored ones contain artificial flavors?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesley, maybe you can help answer this question for me. So if hydrowhey and hydro520 are similar, is the only real difference in the taste and the extra 50 cents a pound? If so, it sounds like a no-brainer. Or am I missing something?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the hydro pro, pretty sure the only difference is the taste. On a random note, the hydrolyzed whey almost looks like sand, stuff is SUPER fine.

Edit: I can't spell good.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Do the "Natural" flavored ones contain artificial flavors?
    Natural flavored ones actually use "real" natural flavorings, not artificial...for example the Natural Chocolate uses real Coca bean for flavoring..the Strawberry uses real dehydrated strawberries as the flavoring...Vanilla I believe uses Vanilla Bean.

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Wesley, maybe you can help answer this question for me. So if hydrowhey and hydro520 are similar, is the only real difference in the taste and the extra 50 cents a pound? If so, it sounds like a no-brainer. Or am I missing something?
    Yep they are pretty identical ingredients. So taste and it usually is alot cheaper. Depending on where you shop, the ON version is 20-23 per pound.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I have the hydro pro, pretty sure the only difference is the taste. On a random note, the hydrolyzed whey almost looks like sand, stuff is SUPER fine.

Edit: I can't spell good.
    How do you like it?? What flavor do you have?

Also the Pepto Pro is even a step up from the Hydro Pro..slightly more expensive, but you can't go wrong either way.
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Also the Pepto Pro is even a step up from the Hydro Pro..slightly more expensive, but you can't go wrong either way.
    Thanks for answering my question about the hydropro. As far as peptopro... if there was only one supplement I could take, Peptopro would be that one. I find it to be that impressive. Huge thumbs up for me for it's ability to bypass digestion and not interfere with workouts because of that. Also, the post workout recovery... it's the first supplement (non hormonal) that I've found that actually speeds recovery.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flavor question for HydroPRO

This has probably been discussed before like a zillion times but with the upcoming black Friday sale I'm gonna grab some of this HydroPRO as the price will be rediculious with the discount. Any current HydroPRO users out there and what flavors are you digging right now? I use ProBlend now so I'm guessing the flavors have to be the same but why not ask.... Although I don't see blueberry muffin in the HydroPRO drop down?