Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Snickers bar.
    noa!!!!!!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Protein bars are just to expensive. They are nice when your away on business but like people have said with shakes available at local stores now, they are pretty much obsolete. Or carry a salad dressing tupperware filled with powder and buy a small bottle of milk or water. Cheaper and usually better for you.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Protein Bars...Who uses them?

Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Snickers bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    noa!!!!!!
    I got a good laugh out of his comment and yours. The guy who is a supplement junkie uses a snickers for a protein bar. Lol
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quest bars are legit

fiber claim doesnt shock me.............i always wondered for as much fiber as they claim why i was still hungry not soon after

now i know.
    Last edited by ctAL; 05-13-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burly, I liked the atkins bars too until I found they were mostly soy protein. I liked the 0 net carbs but that soy gave me gyno just like grapefruit juice does.

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I don't use bars as a regularly planned part of my diet, but I steal my wife's Atkins bars pretty often and wash them down with a glass of milk. When I'm tired, usually before bed, and just don't want to think about a meal, it does the trick. A box of 6 is about $7.50, so pretty reasonable, and the nutritional profile on the ones she gets are decent.

I've tried the Supreme bars, but they make me fart and they are smelly ones. Can't do those AT ALL. I think its the sugar alcohols, but not sure.

Builder bars are the only soy based bars that seem to digest easily for me. Most soy based bars give me gas and/or intestinal pain.

Quest bars are OK, but not great for on the go, IMO. Hard as.a.rock when cold and chewy as can be when warm. Too.much work to eat.

At the local AM/PM store I sometimes pick up a bar if I know that lunch isn't likely to happen that day. The carry Lean Muscle/Detour bars. Its a last resort for me, though, as they give me gas too. Again, I'm thinking it's the sugar alcohols.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    Burly, I liked the atkins bars too until I found they were mostly soy protein. I liked the 0 net carbs but that soy gave me gyno just like grapefruit juice does.
    A lot of them do have soy.. my wife buys one of the flavors that actually uses whey. Grapefruit juice... funny
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont care for bars, i sometime shave a box for stahing in my pocket, but generally never buy, they hurt my stomach and the ones with isolate whey are like $5 here, not worth it when a scoop of iso powder is $1.......when us bigger guys eat so much it adds up fast

the snickers bar,honestly, after the thread bout new diet, then taco bell, then eat better, then other setbacks, now snickers but usplabs test stack, imo, and first i dont know more than the next guy and am not the end all be all, it just seems like odd choices......they are good tho lol, have a friend i told pb is great n he tells me oh yeah i eat reeces cups all the time lol, the guy is 185 chiseled tho, ad can eat anything, drinks alot, and doesnt know wtf is an amino acid lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of them do have soy.. my wife buys one of the flavors that actually uses whey. Grapefruit juice... funny
    hmm, never seen the whey, have to look for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    hmm, never seen the whey, have to look for it
    The one she gets is a PB and chocolate flavor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one she gets is a PB and chocolate flavor.
    you know I think I was eating the highest protein ones, 19g rings a bell, it's been a year or so so not sure, even then I had to eat 2 to just get 40g. Prot bars are yummy, but most are candy. I'll only eat them when I am cheating or bulking.