User Tag List

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started out at the new gym today. They have a bucket of chalk in the power lifting room, and most of the barbells have a nice coating of calk on them already, lol. There are also massive chains lying around for use while lifting - never tried them before, but I've always wanted to.
    They also have a big sound system with a 12" sub and they encourage you to bring in music for it. I hooked up my phone and streamed some music while I lifted, it was really fun.

Decided to try legs out today, right knee has been quiet for a few days. It took a while to warm up, but once I did it was great. I only worked my way up to 315 for squats again, didn't want to push it too much and piss off the knee.

I did pull something in my back about a week ago. Feels like my thoracolumbar fascia, or something connected to it. My lower back has been really tight and it is kinda painful to stretch. I can usually get my wrists past my toes when stretching, but now I struggle to even touch my toes. I tried a roller for a few minutes on it today and it really felt better afterwards, but tightened back up a few hours later. The pain is offset to the left side and extends into my glutes. It doesn't feel like anything bad, just gotta take it easy I guess.

On a different note, I'm considering making my own supplements for my next cycle. I found a source for 4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1,4-diene-3,17b-diol powder. It was the active ingredient in Primordial Performances' Turinabol. It has been the best PH I've used to date and I felt amazing while on it. I've been researching oral hormone delivery methods and chemicals to increase absorption. I'm looking to buy components and blend it together to make my own form for use.
    Why? Why not. I like making my own stuff and I find it fun. I'd also think it would be interesting to make it in capsule form, but already have something like TUDCA mixed in. One capsule with my favorite PH, custom absorption mix and liver protection? Yes please.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the new gym, haven't trained like this in a long time. I've been dripping with sweat every time I get done and my workouts are near 2 hours long. Lots and lots of weight and equipment to use, plus huge power racks bolted together on one side of the room.

Busted another PR today. The left shoulder has been doing really well, so I took the chance to destroy shoulders and traps today. I was able to do an overhead press for 205 x1. Previously, I would stop at about 145. I tried 155 before, but it didn't happen. Today was different. Started out light with OH presses and worked up to 145. It felt like nothing, so I worked up to the 205 in 10 pound steps, doing anywhere from 6-2 reps at each weight.
    Stopped at 205 because I couldn't go for a second rep, so I felt like it was a good place to stop so I really didn't hurt anything.

I've also started using my weight belt and hooking on a 45lb plate for pullups.
    Not on anything except a pre-wo and GPLC right now. Things are looking great.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like your body is healing up and the new gym is a good fit! Nice on the overhead press!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cobalts journey with no set destination

Sounds we are doing similarly in the shoulder department... mine has been troublesome since I tore it up at 19. Haven't been able to do overhead BB press for years, but recently started again.... did 205 for a few sets of 6.... best I've done in years.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything overhead is just scary for me. The way my rotator cuff is torn in the left shoulder if I have weight in my hands and I go behind my head, the shoulder is coming out of socket.
    Good to hear you've started back up. I've been doing a lot of light weight stuff for a good year to strengthen up everything in the delts in all directions. I think it paid off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leg day yesterday.

I was going to take the day off, but ended up having a couple hours of nothing to do before work. One of the mechanics at work got fired a couple weeks ago, so my schedule has been all over the place.

Spent a good 25-30 minutes warming up. Took a while for my knee to get going good. Mainly used machines and light weight/high rep to hit everything - glutes, quads, hams, adductors, abductors, calves. I wanted to get everything warmed up and get blood flowing.

Then I hit the rack. I wasn't planning on going heavy, I wanted to work on my form some. We have a box that is about 10" or so off the ground with a big sign on it that says "THIS IS PARALLEL" so you can feel when you get low enough. I've also moved my feet in closer together. I think I've had too wide of a stance, so I've been watching and reading more about the squat - considering it is my favorite movement.

45lbs (bar) x 20
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 5
    315 x 3
    365 x 1
    405 - miss
    405 - miss (second try)

I really didn't plan on going that high, but the knee was being quiet the whole time and it felt really good. I ended up missing the 405 both tries, but I think it is due to not eating enough in the morning. Like I said, it was going to be an off day, so I wasn't loading up on carbs prior to the gym. I got down to parallel and maybe made it an inch back up before my quads just died out. I also didn't use a pre-wo or anything either, this was just rolling in at the last minute.
    Considering my PR for squatting is 405, I was happy with the results. That and my knee isn't killing me today, which a leg day usually results in a pissed off knee the next day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PL meet sm.jpg

Trainer at gym: "You're going to be there"
    Me: "I may sign up for it"
    Trainer: "No, I'm telling you, You're going to be there"
    Me: "What, you going to pay my entry fee?"
    Trainer: "It's been taken care of"
    Me: "Seriously? I've never done one before"
    Trainer: "Well, you're on our team now!"

SO... looks like I have a competition in... 10 weeks.

Time to train harder!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cobalts journey with no set destination

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    PL meet sm.jpg

Trainer at gym: "You're going to be there"
    Me: "I may sign up for it"
    Trainer: "No, I'm telling you, You're going to be there"
    Me: "What, you going to pay my entry fee?"

SO... looks like I have a competition in... 10 weeks.

Time to train harder!
    Lol. Funny story. Get to it!
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    it's those pheromones, I know it.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats right! Get you some!