User Tag List

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    how much did you lose off of your fingers?
    Bet his wife's pissed
    Last edited by markam; 05-23-2013 at 10:10 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, it's my left hand, so the right one still get the job done.

Dunno exact measurements, but it wasn't a clean cut. It was at an angle and it was more of a smash/tear than a cut. So looking down on my fingers so all you see it pure length, maybe 1/8 - 3/16".
    But the side view isn't as good, the whole nail is gone and the bone broke, so the cut back most of the bone above the knuckle.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    LOL, it's my left hand, so the right one still get the job done.

Dunno exact measurements, but it wasn't a clean cut. It was at an angle and it was more of a smash/tear than a cut. So looking down on my fingers so all you see it pure length, maybe 1/8 - 3/16".
    But the side view isn't as good, the whole nail is gone and the bone broke, so the cut back most of the bone above the knuckle.
    nails are pointless dude, you're a more advanced human being now lol

you ever thought about competing? i tell ya, it was the biggest motivator to get my ass into gear (in both meanings of the word)
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit. Sounds bad.

I broke my wrist from a car/motorbike accident, so I can sympathise. Hopefully the accident won't affect anything you do, but whatever, from a fellow sufferer, I know it's not great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    you ever thought about competing? i tell ya, it was the biggest motivator to get my ass into gear (in both meanings of the word)
    I've thought about it, and the BBing scene is pretty big around here, but the wife doesn't like it.

I'm not saying that I'd want to be the next Mr. Olympia or anything, but I'd love to get into competing for the motivation.

As a matter of fact, I know quite a few people in the area that are active in it. One guy who owns some 'juice bars' inside a few gyms (protein shakes and stuff) also runs personal trainers through it. A good number of them compete, and hes tried to get me to get into it with them to see if I liked it.
    I met him about 6 years ago when I was fat and weighed around 180 - 190, I worked as a repair tech on the weight room equipment at the gym. I recently started going back to that gym, and since that point, I've totally changed my physique and he was very impressed.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the wife, I may have gotten into it by this point. It is probably the ONLY thing in my life that has made me feel better about myself and something that I just can't get enough of.

Life isn't anywhere near over though. We will see how things turn out.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is too personal then don't answer it, but I'm wondering why she is against it? she must be afraid of something ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    If this is too personal then don't answer it, but I'm wondering why she is against it? she must be afraid of something ???
    Nah, she thinks the big/ripped is really bad looking. I've tried to explain to her that you don't look that way 24/7. Hell, I hit 230 on my last cycle and she didn't like the sheer size of me. Can't be mad at her though, everyone has their opinion.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel you on this one, my girl can go nuts when she see`s me looking at BBing photos or following different athletes on facebook.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for sure you have to respect her feelings, my wife is the same way, she gets grossed out when you can really see the muscle or veins-which ain't often on me lol. she still doesn't like it but can see the hard work I do at it and how I have to fight to not get fat again and she respects that. a lean body isn't her thing lol,

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cobalts journey with no set destination

Chuckling as I read this, as my wife goes ga-ga over The Rock, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Mark Walberg, etc. I was just finishing my final BBing contest when we met. Part of the reason we hit it off to begin with. She LOVES the muscle guys.

However, she doesn't want me to compete because of some things I've told her, like I turn into a real jerk when I am dieting down and the fact that it's a very self centered sport by nature.

I have no plans to compete again, but I'm not ruling it out indefinitely. If I trained for it, I'm pretty sure I would still do very well at the state and regional levels based on what I saw at the Mr.Oregon last year. Nationals is a whole other world, though, which was the conclusion I came to 22 years ago.

I will say this, though: as a teen, bbing and competing was absolutely instrumental in my development of self esteem and confidence as a young man. Confidence that went far beyond my muscle development, because over the years, I let that slip away in lieu of other priorities and it stayed with me.

Ask Sperwer about his experience on the contest prep and competition. He will likely tell you it felt like some rite of passage. Taking your body and mind and discipline to a level you've never been and most people will never achieve. It's euphoric in a way, actually.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 05-23-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.