User Tag List

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you get back on track asap... take the time to get into a new routine and let the stress fall, from there, eating and training will be easier to control and progress will be yours!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8711750/image.jpg

image.jpg

You have what it takes to get it done. Everyone here will have your six.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    revamp your routine and set a goal of keeping it for 12 weeks. Once you get back on the horse and get past these post-pct blues you'll be fine. This little valley can be chalked up as a learning experience.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. It really has been a learning experience, which in a way is good, because I did come out of it with more knowledge.

I decided to shift my workout routines from high-weight low-rep to low-weight high-rep. Today was day 4 in a row of that format, hitting different groups each time.
    All I can say is fucking hell I'm sore as shit.

I guess I was just running into a plateau with the first routine, I was just running in place it seems like. I made the change and I have really responded well to it. I think I'll keep up the lower weight for a while, just work on getting more reps in.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats your routine?
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    whats your routine?
    Routine currently isn't set in stone. I think I touched on this a while ago and didn't have a really good answer.

I don't follow the typical routine of "chest on monday" or "legs on wednesday." My workout routine doesn't follow a 7-day schedule, mainly because my weeks aren't set in stone for work and other stuff.

I'll follow through with hitting different sets of muscles, one workout after another. For example, I'll do arms (bis and tris) one day, then do legs the next time, followed by back and chest during the next vist, ect...

As far as weight/rep ratios, my on-cycle setup is usually a 5x5 format with heavy weight, up to a 3RM-2RM-1RM. It is killer both mentally and physically. Off cycle is a 12-10-8 with lighter weight. I'll switch it around to keep things different, like if I need to shock my muscles out of a stall.

Right now my routine is very low weight and tons of reps, really get the blood going through the tissue. For example - on cycle, I'll be curling 110+ lbs for the 5x5 style. But, my last arm day, I only did about 45 lbs, but just kept going until the fatigue forced me to stop. Normally, I'd be using more weight for the 12-10-8 routine - but the higher reps really got my arms going. They still feel pumped and sore, a good 4 days after the workout.

Not sure if I answered your question, feel free to ask more though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are really back in swing. Taking time off, coming back in and switching up the routine has been amazing. I've almost finished my rounds of low weight, high rep sessions. My body is screaming sore from the change. I've been dosing about 3g of creatine HCL every day, split into two doses and its helping too. I feel like pumps are stronger while working out.

I've also been wanting to try out some Melatonin II. I found out that my apartment complex has free tanning, and figure it may be worth trying it for a bit. Need to get rid of this farmers tan, lol. Anyone have some input on it? How much to dose and how often?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Things are really back in swing. Taking time off, coming back in and switching up the routine has been amazing. I've almost finished my rounds of low weight, high rep sessions. My body is screaming sore from the change. I've been dosing about 3g of creatine HCL every day, split into two doses and its helping too. I feel like pumps are stronger while working out.

I've also been wanting to try out some Melatonin II. I found out that my apartment complex has free tanning, and figure it may be worth trying it for a bit. Need to get rid of this farmers tan, lol. Anyone have some input on it? How much to dose and how often?
    100mcg eod is more than enough for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up some MT2, just waiting on the damned slin pins... hopefully be here on monday.

Also may be of some interest, I've rolled into a fat loss phase. Diet took a major shift into the low carb area, and general calorie cutting. A sample of a daily meal set:

Breakfast:
    1/2 cup of oatmeal (this is the main carb source, first thing in the morning)
    1 cup strawberries
    6 eggs

Meal 2:
    6 oz tuna
    2.2 oz cheddar cheese
    (doesn't seem like much, but those add up to 450 cal, 22.5g of fat, 54g of protein, and no carbs)

Meal 3:
    12 oz chicken breast
    2 cups broccoli

Meal 4:
    6 eggs
    2 cups broccoli

Meal 5:
    6 oz tuna
    2.2 oz cheddar cheese

Really simple stuff, but I'm pulling together more foods that are high fat/protein and low/no carbs.

I need to pick up a weight scale... the one at the gym broke, so I have no idea how much I currently weigh. I want to say its around 210 right now.

Will add some (sun burnt) pics later so you all can watch the progress!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a ton of MTII this year, and always seem to forget it when in a situation where I will be catching sun. Fortunately, been in the sun alot more than usual this year so it hasnt been as important. I do really like MTII though.