User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cobalts journey with no set destination

Starting a thread for myself, mainly as a way to stay with things and get feedback.

As some of you know, I had an accident at work, resulting in the loss of part of two fingers. SO, the gym is on hold until further notice. I've been told by 4 different doctors, including one that is an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in the hands, to not touch the gym. Against my will, I am going to obey their commands.

This puts me at a standstill, fresh out of PCT.

However, I feel that the break will be worth it because I was starting to feel the stress of life getting a bit heavy.

SO, not wanting to just shut out the lifting community, this is my outlet to stay with everything. I'll be updating this topic with my progress of getting healed and back to the gym. From there, it will become a general workout log.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you still pick your nose? it's a legitimate question

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cobalts journey with no set destination

Good idea, bud. Stay in it however you can. You could spend some time reading up on different training systems like westside, DC, etc. You could take a closer look at periodization training and the different types, you could study up on some in depth nutrition concepts, you could look back at old school training and diet and see how things have changed or not changed. Lots of things to stimulate the mind that will give you loads of information that you can try putting into practice later.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of progress was made on your cycle.
    I remember it was pretty aggressive so how'd that go??

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Burly said!

Hang in there!
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leg presssss

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually deal with the stress of life in the gym.... it's my moment to release all the mad hatred inside and all the messed up scenario's that for some reason ALWAYS seem to happen in my life.

Me being in your position would just wear me down depressed. I hope you see it different, but if anything, we are here to keep you focused until you recover bro! Some disadvantages serves as advantages in other areas. You'll come out of this stronger.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support.

I feel like I've already gotten through the worst of the gym withdraw, so at least that is over. I like burlys idea of studying up on various things. I've been kinda overwhelmed by so much 'new' stuff in the workout/BB scene that I feel like I want to study up on some old-school stuff. Any books out there that may be a good read?

As far as my last cycle, I'll type up details later. Typing is a bitch right now, almost learning to type again because I lost some length and bone structure.

Yes OD, I can pick my nose, but I have to use my ring finger, lol.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I like burlys idea of studying up on various things. I've been kinda overwhelmed by so much 'new' stuff in the workout/BB scene that I feel like I want to study up on some old-school stuff. Any books out there that may be a good read?
    If you have a good library, they may have some of the OLD Muscle Builder/Power magazines from the 60s and 70s before it became Muscle and Fitness. I remember reading some of the old ones at my library (20 years ago) and it was pretty cool to see the philosophies, training, and diet of the old schoolers. Not only that, but ocassionally they even posted their steroid cycles. lol. No joke.

The Robert Kennedy books from the 80s were inspiring to me. Reps! was one of them...I think Mass was another. I don't recall the others. There are some old "History of Iron" type books you may find at the library... ones that go from Eugene Sandow to Paul Anderson to Arnold. Tom Platz wrote a book called Pro-Style Bodybuilding. Try to find an old copy of The Underground Steroid Handbook by Dan Duchaine. Should be an interesting read. That should get you started.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    If you have a good library, they may have some of the OLD Muscle Builder/Power magazines from the 60s and 70s before it became Muscle and Fitness. I remember reading some of the old ones at my library (20 years ago) and it was pretty cool to see the philosophies, training, and diet of the old schoolers. Not only that, but ocassionally they even posted their steroid cycles. lol. No joke.

The Robert Kennedy books from the 80s were inspiring to me. Reps! was one of them...I think Mass was another. I don't recall the others. There are some old "History of Iron" type books you may find at the library... ones that go from Eugene Sandow to Paul Anderson to Arnold. Tom Platz wrote a book called Pro-Style Bodybuilding. Try to find an old copy of The Underground Steroid Handbook by Dan Duchaine. Should be an interesting read. That should get you started.
    Wish I was rich enough to get a hold of this. Should have bought 10 of them back in the day, I could retire early.