User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^ MJ supposedly was ruthless in practice, drove/forced those around him to be better, he got the maximum out of really average role players outside of pippen and later rodman......in my lifetime, iv never seen anyone better in any sport, the will to win, the finals 'flu' game sealed the deal.......bryant has patterned his game after michael from day one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Does he play good ball? I mean, that's all the guy needs to do. Basketball is just like football. You have a few superstars. The rest of the team is just mediocre and you give the ball to the star and he wins games. It just seems like that's how it usually happens. Peyton Manning. Jerry Rice. Michael Jordan.

Just sayin'.
    ill agree to a degree, altho i think in football, a cohesive team and great locker room are paramount for success, as well as teal leaders, role guys ect

in the nba, its more a superstar driven league, as evidence of all the recent champions outside of detroit, you can bet money that the best 4 teams will be in the conf finals and the best two will final and the team with the best one or two players will win.....in the nfl a good defense and gameplan can shutdown rodgers or manning.....baseball go with the team with the most aces ever since arizona laid that blueprint, and fkn hockey is insane how teams can get hot and come out of nowhere, and seeding seems to have no relevance anymore because of the extreme parity

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i fuckin love watching hockey... that is all.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    ill agree to a degree, altho i think in football, a cohesive team and great locker room are paramount for success, as well as teal leaders, role guys ect

in the nba, its more a superstar driven league, as evidence of all the recent champions outside of detroit, you can bet money that the best 4 teams will be in the conf finals and the best two will final and the team with the best one or two players will win.....in the nfl a good defense and gameplan can shutdown rodgers or manning.....baseball go with the team with the most aces ever since arizona laid that blueprint, and fkn hockey is insane how teams can get hot and come out of nowhere, and seeding seems to have no relevance anymore because of the extreme parity
    Hockey is the one that has the closest parallel to basketball in that if the goaltender is playing off the charts, then anything can happen (e.g. Roy in '86, JSG in '03, Quick this year).
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: death stare... your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Hockey is the one that has the closest parallel to basketball in that if the goaltender is playing off the charts, then anything can happen (e.g. Roy in '86, JSG in '03, Quick this year).
    True, but it is rare for a goalie to be superstar enough to overcome a failing defense.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    True, but it is rare for a goalie to be superstar enough to overcome a failing defense.
    It's rare during the regular season, but, once it gets to the playoffs, it's almost common. Roy practically carried the Canadien's to their last two cups and, IMO, he did the same thing with the Avalanche in '01. Yes, they had Sakic and the big 3 on defense, but Jersey looked amazing that year and Forsberg was lost in the 2nd round (as a die-hard Avs fan, that season nearly became a huge tease once Foppa went down with his spleenectomy). Hasek made a career of carrying Buffalo during the mid/late 90's.

The easiest way to describe the importance of the goaltender in the playoffs: you can win a mediocre team with an amazing netman, but not vice versa. I suppose you can make a case with Chris Osgood, but he showed how good of a goalie he was when he carried the Isles in the early 00's.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AestheticOne View Post
    i fuckin love watching hockey... that is all.
    not a big fan, but playoff hockey i find is the most intense sport with regards to knockout rounds, you just feel it through the tv, its something that the other big sports arent quite the same

that and im from mtl, so you can hear yelling and screaming from your neighboors come april

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh shit. I don't know where to post this. The workout tunez or here....

Kobe Bryant Ft. Tyra Banks - Kobe [Lyrics] - YouTube
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: death stare... your thoughts

I can't disagree with a single thing you said rodja. Good analysis.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 meathead's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    indeed playoff hockey is really fun to watch.