User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleaner carbs to me is potatoes, white rice, and things that are just less processed.
    Right now my go to clean carbs are potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice, and GF pancakes with apple sauce subbed for the oil.
    Fruit is good but watch out for over doing fructose because only your liver can store that then its all fat after that's full. Mango, papaya, spotted bananas, watermelon, berries and grapes are lower fructose and my go to fruits.

Your meals look good and just make sure to get enough food in because some have a hard time eating so much fat and protein.
    I eat more of a brunch than bfast or lunch because my only meal is at 10-11 then my next meal is post workout. Eating like this I'm able to get my 12-14hr fast in then I'm also fasted from 10-11am to 4-6pm.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just thinking about how to start this thing... I read that you need to essentially be carb-less for 10 days before entering the CBL diet. I'm not all about this! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Cleaner carbs to me is potatoes, white rice, and things that are just less processed.
    Right now my go to clean carbs are potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice, and GF pancakes with apple sauce subbed for the oil.
    Fruit is good but watch out for over doing fructose because only your liver can store that then its all fat after that's full. Mango, papaya, spotted bananas, watermelon, berries and grapes are lower fructose and my go to fruits.

Your meals look good and just make sure to get enough food in because some have a hard time eating so much fat and protein.
    I eat more of a brunch than bfast or lunch because my only meal is at 10-11 then my next meal is post workout. Eating like this I'm able to get my 12-14hr fast in then I'm also fasted from 10-11am to 4-6pm.

I don't want to veer off the diet, but I need bfast and I know this is the same for the wife. I know I won't be on the fast as long, but does it screw things up by eating bfast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 10 day prep period is to get your body fat adapted and primed to CBL.

I think the fast is important and more so if your goals are fatloss/recomp. Its easier for me to eat 2 times a day than 3-5 times but if you have to have bfast make it whole foods only.
    Now I can't say if not fasting will screw things up it just seems like most skip bfast because that's what the book recommends and says to do if your not bulking.

Have your tried skipping bfast and just drinking coffee with heavy whipping cream or MCT oil??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 10 day prep period is to get your body fat adapted and primed to CBL.

I think the fast is important and more so if your goals are fatloss/recomp. Its easier for me to eat 2 times a day than 3-5 times but if you have to have bfast make it whole foods only.
    Now I can't say if not fasting will screw things up it just seems like most skip bfast because that's what the book recommends and says to do if your not bulking.

Have your tried skipping bfast and just drinking coffee with heavy whipping cream or MCT oil??

I've never gone without eating bfast for over 4 years, if not more... Starting to think, LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not needed and is just routine now. Lol
    I've never been a bfast guy so it's not a problem for me to fast 12hrs+.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not needed and is just routine now. Lol
    I've never been a bfast guy so it's not a problem for me to fast 12hrs+.
    Yep, pretty easy when you're used to it. My window for eating is from 11am - 7 pm max, but often it'll be less, say 6 hours.
    The problem I had to overcome was eating late when I get back from work at 11pm, but it didn't take too long to get used to it.
    Unfortunately all this tends to go out the window at weekends due to family life, so progress isn't as fast as it could be, but there is progress, so I'm ok with that.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O'Ryan's Run with CBL

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I've never gone without eating bfast for over 4 years, if not more... Starting to think, LOL!
    Skip breakfast help your body to burn fat in keeping low levels of insulin. MCT oil or heavy cream help more

I'm in for your log. I did CNS for 3 months and I do CBL since 4-5 months
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
    Skip breakfast help your body to burn fat in keeping low levels of insulin. MCT oil or heavy cream help more

I'm in for your log. I did CNS for 3 months and I do CBL since 4-5 months
    So what's everyone's gains on CBL so far? My goals aren't to get shredded, it would just be nice it that occurred... But my main concern is with getting stronger. The more I think about this diet, the more I think it's not going to work for my end goals. I'm not writing it off just yet, but I still have some time to make the decision. I'm not low carb now, and if I did this, I would need to go 10 days without carbs.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O'Ryan's Run with CBL

CBL comes with 2 different protocols :

- SA for strength accumulation (strength axed)
    - DB for density bulking (bulk axed)

SA seems maybe better for you
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1