User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    So what's everyone's gains on CBL so far? My goals aren't to get shredded, it would just be nice it that occurred... But my main concern is with getting stronger. The more I think about this diet, the more I think it's not going to work for my end goals. I'm not writing it off just yet, but I still have some time to make the decision. I'm not low carb now, and if I did this, I would need to go 10 days without carbs.
    Even if you don't do CBL, cutting carbs from breakfast can be quite effective. For me, four eggs with 100 ml egg white are a great meal. If I fancy something sweet, I'll have 20g almond butter afterwards. It's said that the choline in eggs block fat absorption, as well as all the other positives from eating eggs. When I eat carbs I try not to eat any fat at the same time, as the raised insulin response from the carbs will make fat storage much more likely. If I stick to this way of eating monday-friday, it doesn't matter that much if my diet's more relaxed over the weekend.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan don't let 10 days ULC scare you away because its not that bad at all and if you took a deload week it would make it even easier mentally.
    Hell after 10 days ULC and skipping bfast might have your old routine forgotten.
    Strict ULC, workout, and then smash carbs!!!! Its just that simple and it works. Strentgh is threw the roof and climbing just like endurance is too.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Ryan don't let 10 days ULC scare you away because its not that bad at all and if you took a deload week it would make it even easier mentally.
    Hell after 10 days ULC and skipping bfast might have your old routine forgotten.
    Strict ULC, workout, and then smash carbs!!!! Its just that simple and it works. Strentgh is threw the roof and climbing just like endurance is too.
    I was thinking about using the 10 days as a deload for sure. I know I could do it, but not sure how the wife is going to handle that one. I'm just thinking to myself how on earth am I going to get all my calories in for only 3 meals. I know it will make my life and morning a lot easier since I won't be eating bfast. Where can I read more about the SA portion of this diet? I know I need to read more before I start, but I'm really glad I have you guys here to help me along the way.

As for the 10 days of ULC, do I eat the same way as far as the fasting period in the am is concerned? How much heavy whipping cream do you recommend I eat in the am, same goes for coconut oil or MCTs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting cals in wont be a problem because I usually eat 1k at 10-11 any 2k or more post workout. Fat cals add up FAST.

I'd recommend buying the book and then you'll understand there's more to it than just backloading your carbs.

During the prep I'd start doing the fast so its out of the way and part of your routine.

You'll have to play around with the oils and stuff because it effects people different. Some can't handle 10-14g CO where I can eat 3-4 times that and be fine. HWC is great and makes the caffeine more effective and 2tbs makes coffee taste very good.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Getting cals in wont be a problem because I usually eat 1k at 10-11 any 2k or more post workout. Fat cals add up FAST.

I'd recommend buying the book and then you'll understand there's more to it than just backloading your carbs.

During the prep I'd start doing the fast so its out of the way and part of your routine.

You'll have to play around with the oils and stuff because it effects people different. Some can't handle 10-14g CO where I can eat 3-4 times that and be fine. HWC is great and makes the caffeine more effective and 2tbs makes coffee taste very good.
    I'm going to buy the book for sure.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O'Ryan's Run with CBL

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I'm going to buy the book for sure.
    I think it's a really good invesment
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Even if you don't do CBL, cutting carbs from breakfast can be quite effective. For me, four eggs with 100 ml egg white are a great meal. If I fancy something sweet, I'll have 20g almond butter afterwards. It's said that the choline in eggs block fat absorption, as well as all the other positives from eating eggs. When I eat carbs I try not to eat any fat at the same time, as the raised insulin response from the carbs will make fat storage much more likely. If I stick to this way of eating monday-friday, it doesn't matter that much if my diet's more relaxed over the weekend.
    The bolded isn't necessarily true. Fat slows down digestion and blunts insulin spikes. In the end you must go bad to the central dogma of weight loss. Calories in vs calories out.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBC-83 View Post
    The bolded isn't necessarily true. Fat slows down digestion and blunts insulin spikes. In the end you must go bad to the central dogma of weight loss. Calories in vs calories out.
    Really? I thought it was accepted wisdom to not combine high gi carbs with fats? Calories in calories out is fine, but there's calories, and there's calories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For CBL its better to start off no/low fat then have a fatty meal or treat at the end of your BL. It also depends on how much fat you need to eat to hit your cals for the day so if you plan to get in 100g fat everyday and split it 50/50, 40/60, or however that's how much fat you'll have in your backload. I switch up how I'm split my fats up and to me I haven't found it better to have more or less in the backload so I just eat to hit my cal goals after that first post workout no/low fat meal.
    I always start things no/low fat then have something where I get to add a bunch of butter of CO too. Those are 2 very good sources of fat and they make carbs taste even better.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Really? I thought it was accepted wisdom to not combine high gi carbs with fats? Calories in calories out is fine, but there's calories, and there's calories
    There is also a difference between something being accepted and something being true.

EDIT: That sounds a bit adversarial/confrontational, I promise it's not how I mean it.
    Last edited by LBC-83; 05-21-2013 at 11:50 AM.