User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'Ryan's Run with CBL

Ok gents, next Monday the wife and I are going to go on the Carb Back loading diet. I will log my experiences here. I'm very interested to see how much weight I can put on naturally (while dropping BF) and how this will effect my strength. I was going to start this week but I didn't have any where enough dirty carbs in my house. I will be using gluten free pancakes, red potatoes, donuts (maybe), gluten free cereal, gluten free pasta, and other gluten free carbs for my Carb Backloads.

All your words of wisdom are welcomed. I'll post pics next week.

Tune in!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O'Ryan's Run with CBL

Since I am guessing that your wife has different goals than you, how does CBL fit for her? You may have mentioned it in an earlier post, but does she work out regularly?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck man! will follow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Since I am guessing that your wife has different goals than you, how does CBL fit for her? You may have mentioned it in an earlier post, but does she work out regularly?
    My wife and I workout at the same time Mon-Fri. I have her squatting 185# for 3 sets of 10-12. I'll scale back her carb Backloads to about 100-150 g of carbs per night and I'll have 300-500g depending on my workout. She kills it in the gym, and I have her excited about this diet. I know she'll have problems with it at first, but I know every night she'll be happy again eating oreos and pancakes! LOL.

Good to have you guys on board.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    My wife and I workout at the same time Mon-Fri. I have her squatting 185# for 3 sets of 10-12. I'll scale back her carb Backloads to about 100-150 g of carbs per night and I'll have 300-500g depending on my workout. She kills it in the gym, and I have her excited about this diet. I know she'll have problems with it at first, but I know every night she'll be happy again eating oreos and pancakes! LOL.

Good plan. I wish I knew about CBL back when I convinced my old lady to run a CKD with me. 6 days of bitchiness per week.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in and CBL works and makes life very normal.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post

Strong girl! Very cool to have a woman who not only understands what you do, but enjoys it herself! I'll follow along. Interested to see how CBL works with the both of you.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    I'm in and CBL works and makes life very normal.
    The ultimate reason behind taking the step in trying CBL is because of you Scope. You had me interested in CNS, but I didn't wanna make the jump... But when I heard the good things you had to say about CBL, I was sold. I can't believe the wife bought in though. She's never EVER gone through with a diet. So when I told her we'd be eating ice cream, cookies, donuts, pancakes, and all sorts of other amazing goodies at night, she was sold.I know she will struggle a little in the beginning, but I know things will go great. Even if things don't go that good, at least I can say I gave it a run. Life is all about experience and learning things along the way.

Scope, what do you do if you want to have a couple drinks on the weekend? What can you drink?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Strong girl! Very cool to have a woman who not only understands what you do, but enjoys it herself! I'll follow along. Interested to see how CBL works with the both of you.
    You know Burly, she's always respected what I did in the gym and the dedication I have for my passion... But she never truly understood what it was all about until she started seeing results for herself. She tells me how great she feels when she works out, and how I'm getting her stronger both physically and mentally. She's an Occupational Therapist that deals with patients that are extremely dependent on her physical strength. She's a short girl, but she's powerful! I had her Hack Squatting 4 plates on each side for 3 sets of 12 a couple weeks back!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hack squatting 405??? how can a girl grip that?? did she use straps?

i can only hack squat 315 lol i hate that exercise

my girl just deadlifted 225 for the first time yesterday, i thought that was crazy