User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Exactly. I've dealt with this both on the physical side and on the financial side. So many people discouraged me from starting my own business and then didn't want to be around me once I did well with it. I don't need those types of people in my life. Nobody does.
    Likewise. If you're makin bank AND you're jacked....watch out! Haters are coming for you in full force.

It just doesn't make sense for people to be that way. They are doing themselves a huge disservice. I look up to and admire people who accomplish things in life. I strive to be more like them. I'm going to say it's this outlook that's made me successful. Why, when you can choose how you want to view life, would you choose to go against people that are successful and doing things other people secretly wish they were doing. Puzzling.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-24-2013 at 12:50 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this conversation, especially the part where OD talks about the Thumb butt! I'm not hating, just stating!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It all comes down to insecurity. For some reason, alot of people feel threatened by someone else's success, whether it be financially, getting in shape, etc. They project their own insecurities on to the people who are accomplishing what they aren't....or even better....they can't. Small mindedness in action here. Not even worth your time worrying about it. If they would put some effort into themselves and stop worrying about what other people are doing, maybe they'd be able to get shit done in their own lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Exactly. I've dealt with this both on the physical side and on the financial side. So many people discouraged me from starting my own business and then didn't want to be around me once I did well with it. I don't need those types of people in my life. Nobody does.
    I think the hard part is when family get involved. It's easier to tell someone else to shove off and then forget about them, but when it's your family, or wife's family, it gets more complicated. Me and wifey have talked quite a bit about it all and she sees their attacks, she walks away and tells me to defend myself lol. and now I do whereas before I would just take it and bite my lip.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can take care of that yourself R

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I like this conversation, especially the part where OD talks about the Thumb butt! I'm not hating, just stating!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically,get jacked, live your life, then die.

Works for me, any way,

Ps.And about the bands I've been in, let's just sat Ippy would cream his pants!

Sorry for that image lol.
    Last edited by markam; 05-24-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    I didn't get into serious weights until I was older. Feeling pretty good now, and guys like Sperwer are an inspiration.
    Have to laugh when Burly describes himself as older, though. Ain't seen nothing yet, bud, LOL.

Gains are much harder to accomplish, (I guess), and cutting is much harder, but with a little 'help', progress can be obtained.

One of the main obstacles is that other people find it hard to accept that you are looking good, and younger than most people your age. This really pisses me off. I had some health issues that have pretty much cleared up since I've been working out, (5 years seriously) and I'm getting grief because I look good?

Anyway, if there's any message in this, it's just to stick to your own beliefs, whatever any one says.
    Thanks for the props. Thought you'd enjoy a report of my experience today at the dentist's. I've been seeing the same dentist for about 10 years, and in some ways my talks with her about my dental problems were one of the seeds of my (re)turn to exercise. She explained to me the link between (bad) nutrition and physical degeneration (starting with one's teeth), and got me to read Weston Price's famous book with the eponymous title. So besides fixing my dental problems, she's been avidly following the progress of my journey. When I showed up for a regular grill detailing today, she naturally asked about the contest, and I showed her the pics. She was so excited she grabbed my phone and showed them to most of her staff of about 15 as well as a female French patient who happened to be in the waiting room. The French woman, whom I would peg for about 40, though she looked 50, and was a shapeless hulk witha double chin and mottled skin, sniffed and archly inquired why anyone would show pictures like that in a dentist's office. Although couched as a lesson in etiquette, it really was apparent that what bothered her was the implicit challenge of anyone my age looking that fit. I just laughed in her face.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 48 and didnt get serious about lifting until about 2 yrs ago. I am not where I want to be but I do know for a fact that I am in better shape than 90% of the 30yo I work with.