Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size or Strength?

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I follow the conjugate method for the most part. I still do higher reps on my accessory lifts. I work on Speed (Dynamic effort) and Maximal effort work throughout the week.
    I'm not sure if its the same, but as of late, I've been working on the speed of my reps on my accessory work. I have an idea of the reps I want to hit but not sets. I lift the weight as fast as possible, and when my rep slows, the set is over. My arm measurements have been improving and strength seems to be moving.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    I'm not sure if its the same, but as of late, I've been working on the speed of my reps on my accessory work. I have an idea of the reps I want to hit but not sets. I lift the weight as fast as possible, and when my rep slows, the set is over. My arm measurements have been improving and strength seems to be moving.
    It's not the same. For DE days, say on box squats, I'll do about 45-55% of my max but I'll add bands. Then I'll perform 10 sets of 2 or 3 reps with as much explosion as possible. Same goes for deadlifts, and bench. I usually perform my major (first) lift like this, then the rest is accessory work with reps ranging from 8-12 with perfect form and a less explosive movement.