Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    weekend hit's hawaii 2009:

veggie.jpg

here's me after 3 years of roidless training. i got a bit bigger before androhard but not really much bigger lol. was vegan, probably 135 here. also 5'9 or 5'10

surprisingly i could trap bar deadlift 280 at this time. i was benching a whopping 115!

and i didn't really know rows were important by then, definitely was doing assisted pullups.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool to look back at the old you and see the progress, eh? By looking at your pics now, you look like a full on mesomorph, naturally muscular. No one would ever guess the humble beginnings you had.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what am i naturally, an ecto? it's easy for me to gain weight now lol, i swear body types are bullshit and change due to many factors.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    what am i naturally, an ecto? it's easy for me to gain weight now lol, i swear body types are bullshit and change due to many factors.
    Bodytypes aren't the be-all and end-all of anything. They do help gauge a person's "natural" state when untrained and when fed to satisfy appetite. They don't necessarily gauge a person's ability to gain muscle or fat, but they are indicators. Lou Ferrigno, if you look at his teen pics, was a classic ectomorph, but he did have the ability to gain muscle once stimulated by training and eating. He also responded tremendously to anabolics. Some people will respond better to the stimuli of anabolics than others, as well, which is a whole other subject.

You gain weight now because you eat for it. You have the appetite now because you trained for it and built muscle that requires feeding for it to be maintained. So what bodytype were you? Ecto/meso or meso/ecto with insufficient calories to feed growth.

Can we change our bodytypes? I think to an extent, we can. We can't change the width of our shoulder girdle or the width of our hips (skeletal structure) but we can change the body's muscular set-point to a degree. Even when I stopped training for a period of years, I didn't go back to 95 lbs. I lost 50ish lbs and ended up somewhere in the middle of my big and my small versions of me. I looked thin, in ok shape, but not anorexic like in the beginning.

The other thing that changes over time is metabolic rate and other hormonal functions. Things slow down over time. You have a while before this will affect you. But I began to notice this in the last 10 years and more prominently in the last 5. Fat doesn't melt off like before. It takes a heck of a lot more work to burn it while keeping hard earned muscle. Metabolically, I've shifted a bit more toward the endo side in this area. The good side of that is now I don't have to force feed myself to keep my body from losing muscle like I did 20some years ago.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool insight. i hope to never lose too much of what i'll gain. it would be nice to feel like i need to lose muscle because i look too freaky hah

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post

for anyone who doesn't want to be big or feel like a man... i'd recommend it
    ill disagree here obviously

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great man! Your arms rly dont look 16.5!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM1000 View Post
    Looking great man! Your arms rly dont look 16.5!
    bodybuilding is all an illusion

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great progress buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    ill disagree here obviously
    I honestly cried over nothing all the time while I was vegetarian... It sucked, looking back something was wrong

How long did you go for? I guess you got big but maybe you got at least a little big before you were veggie?