User Tag List

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    I honestly cried over nothing all the time while I was vegetarian... It sucked, looking back something was wrong

How long did you go for? I guess you got big but maybe you got at least a little big before you were veggie?
    i was vegetarian for almost 7yrs, stopped this past january, that puts me at around 26yrs old, so i was around your size when i started, not as defined tbh......i looked nowhere near what i look like now when im in shape......since adding meat, besides the initial shock and 5lb gain, its settled and only minor change is a slight denser look.......im on my first real cycle while eating meat

i wouldnt say being a vegetarian sucks, you were too young to grasp all the things you can eat.....i know a few who tried and all they buy is the prepacked veggie burgers n hotdogs so no wonder they suffer, i downed alot of shakes, but in that time i saw the whole 'you need all this protein to grow' stuff to be pure nonsense.....id say a gram a pound is more than enough......calories is how you grow.....cutting sucked big time and i saw very few through, and yes some days you feel you lack choice, BUT if you chose it for a reason that that should be paramount......i stopped cause i got really ill over the holidays and for the first time ever i was craving red meat like crazy, i listened to my body

i still refuse to eat processed and fast food as they are the worst animal cruelty offenders, i still avoid products tested on them and so on

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm pretty much grass fed only beef wise, I eat a ton of fish now. And organic chicken.

I was meat free for almost 8, and trust me I knew about everything I could eat. It just slowly drove me mad. I think the 2 years of vegan had me feel a bit different than the prior 6 of straight vegetarian... By the end of being vegan I was dreaming of meat every day.

I was serious, if you don't want to be big and strong, I actually do recommend it. But it made me weaker, and I swear it made me more of a pussy about stupid shit.

But yeah. I ate like crazy as a vegan. I was cooking gourmet meals daily, spending hours on food. And it was delicious too. So that wasnt the problem... The problem, im 99% sure was definitely chemical deficiency despite my high food variety and calorie intake. And I was always on creatine so whatever I was missing was a mystery.

I'm sure I could've done steroids without meat and gotten almost as big. But without juice I didn't see it happening.

Protein wise I was having 200 g a day while vegan at a body weight of 135.. Would take 3 protein shakes of hemp and rice protein every day and eat a fuck ton. Tofu all the time, retarded amounts of nuts and beans, always looking for tasty replacements like Asian food, vegan pizza place, places with fake meat.. In seattle it was easy. But still. Went crazy eventually. Your cravings came about the same time too hah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoulders 7/7/2013

Standing Behind The Neck OHP
    Barx10
    95x10
    135x8
    135x8
    135x6
    125x8

Lateral Raise
    25lbx10x5sets

Rear Delt Destroyers (Mountain dog): 3 sets
    40 lb x 40 rep
    27.5 lb x 28 rep
    17.5 x 18 rep
    5 lb x 15 rep full range

Six-ways
    10lbx8x4sets

Facepull
    60lb 3 sets of 20

Power Clean
    135x10
    155x10
    185x4
    205x5
    185x8
    185x8
    185x9

no PRs, unless you count the behind the neck press which ive never done standing before today, i think i made a rep PR for rear delt destroyers though...

good workout.

189lb weigh in

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Weekend's Progress Log

Nice going. Curious about the powercleans... is there a particular reason you integrate them into the workout? What purpose do they serve for you in particular?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they make my traps and rear delts real sore. should they not be doing that?

to clarify, they make any other trap exercise seem like a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Ok. Just curious, because they work a lot of different muscle groups up and down the body, they work on muscular endurance, they work on explosiveness and explosive muscle fibers. Wasn't sure about YOUR reasons, that's all.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really, they make my traps and delts sore, and they are one of my favorite exercises.. seems like they fit best on shoulder day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really, they make my traps and delts sore, and they are one of my favorite exercises.. seems like they fit best on shoulder day
    Would be the coolest thing ever to see you power clean 315.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eeeesh. Maybe some day but my friend broke his back doing 225.... Was planning on just making high rep love to 225 so it feels easy lol

10 rep clean and press 225 anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 rep clean and press 225 anyone?
    When I was young, yep. Easy peasy.