User Tag List

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weekend's Progress Log

You have that level of body fat with no cardio and that diet. Ok I hate you know! Just kidding but man you are lucky. Still at the risk of showing my age, enjoy it while you can coz when you hit 30 you'll put fat on by just looking at a cheeseburger! I don't eat takeaway (well maybe once a month as a treat) and eat clean all the time with little or no alcohol and cardio 2-3 times a week and my body fat isn't as low as yours at the moment.

Seriously though that is good going so all credit to you. I'm only jealous because keeping body fat down is my regular fight.

I can see what you mean about using them young but I wouldn't recommend it due to the risk to messing up a growing endocrine system. The results are likely to be better though as everything is still working well!

I think my other main thought about young users is that as you get older you look back at your routine and diet when you were younger and realise how wrong it all was. If I'd have used gear in my 20s I know I'd have felt I wasted them looking back now. But I am a big believer in personal choice combined with personal responsibility so you live your life as you want my friend and enjoy it - try to always keep perspective about your use though. It's easy to get addicted mentally to gear but not realise it or admit it.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamy View Post
    You have that level of body fat with no cardio and that diet. Ok I hate you know! Just kidding but man you are lucky. Still at the risk of showing my age, enjoy it while you can coz when you hit 30 you'll put fat on by just looking at a cheeseburger! I don't eat takeaway (well maybe once a month as a treat) and eat clean all the time with little or no alcohol and cardio 2-3 times a week and my body fat isn't as low as yours at the moment.
    This is right on target...I can gain weight just walking into a McDonalds

Gyno looks like it is way way better

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do gain fat every time I take days off from the gym though... I think it's my training keeping bf low.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yesterday i was able to max out the close grip pulldowns @ 260 lb for 2 sets of 5 and a set of 3, my lower bicep (brachialis?) and forearms are dead today! wasn't the target but i can't complain lol

also today was able to do 40 consecutive bodyweight dips! PRs for days....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding your biceps, I remember reading some study which showed that wide grip pull-ups were surprisingly the exercise which worked the biceps best (above curls and everything else). Not what you'd think but there you go so maybe the close grip ones do something too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding your biceps, I remember reading some study which showed that wide grip pull-ups were surprisingly the exercise which worked the biceps best (above curls and everything else). Not what you'd think but there you go so maybe the close grip ones do something too.
    Currently my biggest laggers are tris and traps.. Any ideas there?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Currently my biggest laggers are tris and traps.. Any ideas there?
    Close grip bench, close grip incline bench, floor presses, and for traps, I saw a vid the Weslyinman posted up on youtube that looked good for jacking up your traps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy bench for tris but you can do some isolation exercises too.

As for lats, incline bench, bent over rows, seated rows but make sure you get the full range of motion in the excerise.

All in all it just takes time and patience. Personally, I find that for size you need to just concentrate on the compound exercises and make one or two of them the focus of the workout. I find that because compound exercises do so many groups they sort of self stabalise the muscle growth in those areas making sure no one group gets out of proportion to the rest as the weak muscle becomes the one which is hardest hit in the excerise. That's why I like them.

Those compound exercises are squats, flat bench, incline bench, decline bench, standing overhead press (great exercise) wide grip pull ups with weight. I know deads should come in there too but for me they really concern me about the risk of rupturing a disc or something really serious so I tend to do little dead lifting or if I do it I keep the weight low and manageable.

Assistance exercises aren't a waste of time but they are just that, assisstance. Don't be the guy who comes in and does 100 sets of bicep curls and goes home!!

Anyway that's my advice. I'm sure you'll get lots of other opinions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy bench for tris but you can do some isolation exercises too.

As for lats, incline bench, bent over rows, seated rows but make sure you get the full range of motion in the excerise.

All in all it just takes time and patience. Personally, I find that for size you need to just concentrate on the compound exercises and make one or two of them the focus of the workout. I find that because compound exercises do so many groups they sort of self stabalise the muscle growth in those areas making sure no one group gets out of proportion to the rest as the weak muscle becomes the one which is hardest hit in the excerise. That's why I like them.

Those compound exercises are squats, flat bench, incline bench, decline bench, standing overhead press (great exercise) wide grip pull ups with weight. I know deads should come in there too but for me they really concern me about the risk of rupturing a disc or something really serious so I tend to do little dead lifting or if I do it I keep the weight low and manageable.

Assistance exercises aren't a waste of time but they are just that, assisstance. Don't be the guy who comes in and does 100 sets of bicep curls and goes home!!

Anyway that's my advice. I'm sure you'll get lots of other opinions!
    Thanks for all the advice here! One thing I can tell you is that deadlifts are pretty much my favorite compound lift, I do them weekly, and I can not (have never) wake up fatter the day after a deadlift session. I can literally eat as many calories as I want of any type and cannot gain fat. Maybe that's my low body fat secret. This does not happen with any other exercise for me.