User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bovine Adrenal Extract Question

I'm not one to take stims every day, but over the past few months, i've definitely relied on stim based PWOs more than usual and as a result it seems that i've developed some level of tolerance, where some supps would make me wanna crawl out of my skin and now they hardly give me anything more than a slight extra "go".

I was looking into bovine adrenal extract supplements (revamp by southland is the one i find the most) to relieve my adrenals and sort of "reset" my receptors. does that make any sense? anyone here with experience on said supps? any undesirable sides??

thanks!
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my reading, it seems porcine adrenals are balanced more similarly to human adrenals. I believe Armour thyroid medication is a porcine adrenal standardized for t3/t4. Not sure about resetting receptors. I know FreePressRight has used adrenal extracts in the past.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks burly, ill look into this!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw Adrenal works, as does the Raw Thyroid supplement.

Natural Sources Raw Adrenal 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products

I take two Raw Adrenals a day. I was asthmatic for a good many years and was given high doses of corticosteroids and albuterol. My adrenals took a pounding. This stuff is great, and it's cheap. It takes a few days to build up in your system and the effects begin gradually. By the end of the first bottle you'll really start appreciating this stuff.

Swanson has its own brand, which appears to be the same stuff. It has a lot of favorable reviews.

Swanson Premium Raw Adrenal Glandular 350 mg 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post

I take two Raw Adrenals a day. I was asthmatic for a good many years and was given high doses of corticosteroids and albuterol. My adrenals took a pounding. This stuff is great, and it's cheap. It takes a few days to build up in your system and the effects begin gradually. By the end of the first bottle you'll really start appreciating this stuff.

Swanson has its own brand, which appears to be the same stuff. It has a lot of favorable reviews.

awesome, thanks man! you guys never disappoint lol

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post

Me too on the asthma, FPR. Was given large doses of Singulair and then Advair for years. Last year, I noticed I was feeling like total shit, no energy, ED, weight gain. Decided to search into possible causes and was horrified at the terrible effects years of corticosteroids can have on your adrenals, and in turn, your life. I instantly dropped the Advair. It took a long time, but eventually I began to feel better. It's been over a year and I'm still not at 100%, but damn does it beat what I was at.

I will look into taking those raw adrenals! Thanks for posting, bud.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be very wise to do bloodworks, before starting self-medication.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    I'm not one to take stims every day, but over the past few months, i've definitely relied on stim based PWOs more than usual and as a result it seems that i've developed some level of tolerance, where some supps would make me wanna crawl out of my skin and now they hardly give me anything more than a slight extra "go".

I was looking into bovine adrenal extract supplements (revamp by southland is the one i find the most) to relieve my adrenals and sort of "reset" my receptors. does that make any sense? anyone here with experience on said supps? any undesirable sides??

thanks!
    I dont think there's anything wrong with your adrenals, if it was you would know it.
    Stimulants are one of the worst things for adrenals, avoiding them would be your best move.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    I dont think there's anything wrong with your adrenals, if it was you would know it.
    Stimulants are one of the worst things for adrenals, avoiding them would be your best move.
    what are you considering a stimulant...PWO all the way down to soda and coffee? what about a nice long break? most guys probably won't drop them altogether
    Last edited by milehighguy; 06-18-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    im off them for a bit and dont usually use a lot. the only reason i went on a stimulant binge, if you will, was because of my prep. it was tough getting the courage to go spend 3-4 hours at the gym on a hypocaloric diet