User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you're getting back on track man! Since my knee injury i've put on 100 pounds on squat... Hope you get good results although you seem to be getting some good numbers alrdy!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re: Burly Decides to Squat Again...

Quote Originally Posted by JM1000 View Post
    Good to see you're getting back on track man! Since my knee injury i've put on 100 pounds on squat... Hope you get good results although you seem to be getting some good numbers alrdy!
    Glad to hear you are getting past your knee injury. I am hoping my knees will cooperate with me, too, as they can be fickle. Did you have to go under the knife for your knee?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when it comes to squatting for me, my knees never hurt more than a dull ache the next day if i really hit it hard... problem for me is my lower back on the left side...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    when it comes to squatting for me, my knees never hurt more than a dull ache the next day if i really hit it hard... problem for me is my lower back on the left side...
    When I was your age, knees never bothered me at all. The last 10 years, things have changed.

On your lower back, is that an injury/scar tissue that is giving you trouble?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing to ever hurt it directly has been squatting... I think I have a muscle imbalance or a problem with my cns that makes it so that part of the muscle gets strained. Other stuff hurts it if its already hurting but a bout of this pain always starts with a squatting session. That being said, it never ever happens on cycle. Which is why I think it might be my cns being lazy

- - - Updated - - -

If it gets bad I can't bend over and a lot of workouts get painful, getting up out of a chair will hurt it and shit and coughing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you should do some accessory back mobility/strengthening exercises during the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Glad to hear you are getting past your knee injury. I am hoping my knees will cooperate with me, too, as they can be fickle. Did you have to go under the knife for your knee?
    I had tendonitis in both knees and it was a pain to heal... took me lots of physio but I got through hehe. To this day I stretch calves, hips and thighs every day and I am pain free except a little knee soreness after leg day but nothing crazy... Poor mobility will get you injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had tendonitis in both knees and it was a pain to heal... took me lots of physio but I got through hehe. To this day I stretch calves, hips and thighs every day and I am pain free except a little knee soreness after leg day but nothing crazy... Poor mobility will get you injured
    What was the cause of the tendonitis?

As for poor mobility... you are so right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the wrestling and rugby, I obviously lost alot of mobility. Calves and hips were the problem. When I started pushing for a bigger squat, my knees were taking alot of damage from poor form and the lack of mobility. Back then my form was horrible. I would squat on the tip of my toes lol... Really didn`t know how to squat properly. One morning it was it lol my knees had gave up.

Learned a good lesson though, mobility and good form is the key to being injury free. I stretch 25 minutes before bed now and no more problems can almost to the split too lol...

The pain in my knees was retarded, and lack of mobility in my hips killed my lower back... This is why i`m studying physio lol, it helped me so much!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the wrestling and rugby, I obviously lost alot of mobility. Calves and hips were the problem. When I started pushing for a bigger squat, my knees were taking alot of damage from poor form and the lack of mobility. Back then my form was horrible. I would squat on the tip of my toes lol... Really didn`t know how to squat properly. One morning it was it lol my knees had gave up.

Learned a good lesson though, mobility and good form is the key to being injury free. I stretch 25 minutes before bed now and no more problems can almost to the split too lol...

The pain in my knees was retarded, and lack of mobility in my hips killed my lower back... This is why i`m studying physio lol, it helped me so much!
    Flossing the hips is a must for me before squatting and deadlifting. I also stretch about 10 mins in the dry sauna before I floss the hips. Before and After I deadlift or squat, I will always hang from the pull-up bar to decompress the spine as well. This has really helped me since I started doing it last year. I will also get a good rolling session on my back and legs (with the rumble roller) after my leg workout. It aids in the recovery process and assists in reducing the soreness duration. I've always been a very flexible person, just never been able to do a split. WILD!