User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tattoos and competition

anyone with tats can get any job up here, performAnce trumps appearance in most cases outside tatooing your face

it is montreal tho

bb'ing wise yeah they blur lines, just myself my left half sleeve kills the lines in my tri, however ill take the tat over a horshoe anyday, love em n need more when i got time

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    anyone with tats can get any job up here, performAnce trumps appearance in most cases outside tatooing your face

it is montreal tho

bb'ing wise yeah they blur lines, just myself my left half sleeve kills the lines in my tri, however ill take the tat over a horshoe anyday, love em n need more when i got time
    honestly, working in the corporate world, i dont see much of that old stigma with visible tats anymore, other than, like you said, crazy face tats and all that.

partly because of the trend i was talking about, that vegans and hippies get more tats than gang members and ex-cons these days.
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree here completely. I work for Corp America.... We just loosened our rules on visible tattoo's and piercings. As long as they dont offend anyone (here we go) and arent on your face etc, we can have them exposed.

I think the old trend is over. Not that I think its all fair game and acceptable now but the bar has moved for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    honestly, working in the corporate world, i dont see much of that old stigma with visible tats anymore, other than, like you said, crazy face tats and all that.

partly because of the trend i was talking about, that vegans and hippies get more tats than gang members and ex-cons these days.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tattoos and competition

Unfortunately, my corporate America is a bank. I get shit because I don't clean shave daily LOL.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where I work nothing much has changed at all. You can show your tats but they won't take you very seriously.

I shave every other day (similar to h2s) most weeks and usually will get a comment or two...

I personally don't give a shit what you look like as long as you get your shit done

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a mechanic so they don't give a damn about tattoos, shaving, piercings, ect... Kinda goes with the stigma of being a mechanic.
    A face tattoo may be pushing it, but you don't even see them much.

They will comment on your shoes being unsafe before anything else, lol.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Unfortunately, my corporate America is a bank. I get shit because I don't clean shave daily LOL.
    lol that's hell, shaving is not a problem for me, since i dont really grow a beard, but what i call my biggest career development was to not have to wear a suit to work every day.
    in fact, my previous job, i could go in shorts. that was something special, i tell ya

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im working form my deck catching some sun.... Having the ability to work from anywhere I can get a signal is the best improvement in work environment I can think of.
    lol that's hell, shaving is not a problem for me, since i dont really grow a beard, but what i call my biggest career development was to not have to wear a suit to work every day.
    in fact, my previous job, i could go in shorts. that was something special, i tell ya

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tattoos and competition

Quote Originally Posted by KAB111 View Post
    Im working form my deck catching some sun.... Having the ability to work from anywhere I can get a signal is the best improvement in work environment I can think of.
    im home alot too, one window work, one wondow ss, one window xnxx

weather bad here lately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB111 View Post

i work from home every now and then, as a matter of fact, im in at home, in a meeting right now (paying a lot of attention as you can see), but i'll have to go into the office later today.

i must agree with you, being able to work from home is a life changer