Fascinating read, fellas.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    I give up, which one? lol
    the faster the thyroid the more catabolism though --no?
    Yes, unless you become more anabolic (lol)- let me explain you from TRT perspective- one starts T shots, his tt levels go up (lets say that at this point person is anabolic) which makes thyroid hormones to be "spent" and (also adrenals), because testosterone is being used a lot total/free testostosterone level goes down (at this point person may become "catabolic") so now one increases testosterone dosage (and probably becomes anabolic again) now thyroid level drops down again -possibly at this point thyroid may not be able to cope anymore so he adds some thyroid hormones (and probably some adrenal support) at this point his metabolic rate is quite fast and because of thyroid meds his SHBG is up- so persons free test is low- he ads some more testosterone to overrun SHBG and top up his free testosterone- he is anabolic again and his free test is high and so is total test (maybe little bit maybe a lot), and he feels darn good.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 06-12-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha ha bonedaddy nice avi.
    so jj, over how long of a timeframe would these changes happen say every 2 weeks or so?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well on TRT would be different, it takes couple weeks for thyroid to level up, obviously one cannot afford that on cycle so basically one can add 25 mg (with possibility to increase up to 50 mg of T3 insome cases)- (IMO best option is to use T3 in pyramide style- start with 12.5 and than increase and vice versa) - but probably its best to stay away from T3 as I said before it can possibly cause permanently elevated SHBG levels, so probably is best to do shorter cycles for which persons natural levels should suffice.

In your case as you are already on thyroid meds you can feel free to use T3- but best would be to sort out your thyroid protocol first and then just add bit more when on cycle.

Other thing is T3 may not agree with some compounds.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 06-12-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, yeah I won't mess with my thyroid dose. I have lots of other options I can use first --slin, gh, aas combos still so I won't adjust it. just trying to get my head around it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks jj, i'm gonna talk to the doc in just about 8 weeks when I get bloods about the t3. and you mean 25mg t3 while on cycle not t4 right? My doc is reluctant but not too bad. she has given me lisinopril for bp while on cycle, it's prescribed as needed with unlimited refills. I told her either I ordered it from India, or she gave me a script. I think she made a good choice with my health in mind

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha ha bonedaddy nice avi.
    I need it for motivation!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks jj, i'm gonna talk to the doc in just about 8 weeks when I get bloods about the t3. and you mean 25mg t3 while on cycle not t4 right? My doc is reluctant but not too bad. she has given me lisinopril for bp while on cycle, it's prescribed as needed with unlimited refills. I told her either I ordered it from India, or she gave me a script. I think she made a good choice with my health in mind
    Yes T3 is what is needed for most cycles, one of the exception would be HGH.
    And yes T3 will be great addition to your regimen, lot of people who were on T4 only had improvement when adding T3 on top.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: AAS Effects on Thyroid

Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    And yes T3 will be great addition to your regimen, lot of people who were on T4 only had improvement when adding T3 on top.
    Makes me wonder why Armour thyroid is not used as a more standard treatment.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually going to have to research pretty thoroughly and print off some info for my doc. likely she is not up on either of them or else she'd already be prescribing them to me.

and JJ every time I see your avi I think of the rock!