99% of the time, my mind is in the right place. I've heard people complain occasionally about the music in my gym, and then I think to myself "there's music at the gym?" I shut it out completely once I enter the gym. I seriously had no idea there was music there.

I think I learned this focus/connection at the gym early on as a teen. I had a lot of tumultuous internal stuff going on as a teen. When I would work out, all of that trouble went away. It was a mental sanctuary for me. It was the one place in my life that I knew I could control the outcome. It was the place that cause and effect actually seemed to be beneficial to me. Ever since then, I am fortunate enough to almost always enter that zone as I go to my "work" in the gym.

It was tumultuous financial times that actually got me back to the gym again after a multi-year break while building my business. And it was that time in the gym that helped me de-stress when nothing else could. I started back for mental health reasons, not nearly so much the physical side of it. Pouring my focus into something completely outside of my situation got me healthy again.

In my younger days, that focus helped me reach heights of strength and muscularity that I never could have reached without it. It's that focus that helped me push to get those extra reps or extra weight. Pushing beyond my body's programmed limitations with the intensity I drummed up mentally enabled me to reach further and achieve more. Anabolics can't do that for you. However, once you learn to enter this zone, anabolic usage is certainly enhanced by it.