User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it's nothing like this but it reminded me anyway since I saw this episode last week.

'Taboo': Asymmetrical 350-Pound Man Has All Of His Fat Distributed On The Left Side Of His Body (VIDEO)

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Have you ever considered the fact that you are just, by nature, asymmetrical? People in general aren't created perfect. It's more common then you think. Some are more asymmetrical then others.
    I understand this completely, and this isn't a big issue for me. However body building is about building the ideal body, and no doubt I'd like to address this. And what Rodja said, I think holds some weight, and I'd like to correct those issues for the future, of my health and body.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    I understand this completely, and this isn't a big issue for me. However body building is about building the ideal body, and no doubt I'd like to address this. And what Rodja said, I think holds some weight, and I'd like to correct those issues for the future, of my health and body.
    grape, you got measurements? i understand you dont wanna post pics, but it might give a better insight on what we're talking about here. we have a biased view of our own body and tend to exaggerate a few things ("im too small, im too fat"). not saying it's the case with you
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that A.R.T would hurt, but since you confirmed the neurological aspect I am willing to bet that it is at least partially related to that in someway. Once you switch neurologists, I would address this with him/her. My neurology office actually has a provider that does active release. She worked on my right hip/thigh area and the results were amazing to say the least. I have an injured lateral femoral cutaneous nerve.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z View Post
    I don't think that A.R.T would hurt, but since you confirmed the neurological aspect I am willing to bet that it is at least partially related to that in someway. Once you switch neurologists, I would address this with him/her. My neurology office actually has a provider that does active release. She worked on my right hip/thigh area and the results were amazing to say the least. I have an injured lateral femoral cutaneous nerve.
    My take is whether or not ART hurts depends on where and how it's being applied. I just got back from a regular ART session that is designed to break up the injury resultant adhesions in my rotator cuffs and all the related shoulder and thoracic muscles. It's bearable, but it is painful enough to get me squirming around and, occasionally, howling - much to the consternation of the chiropractor and the alarm of waiting patients. And I've frequently been told I have a very high level of tolerance for pain. The trade-off is that it's extremely effective; my results too have been nothing short of amazing
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I keep reading are about amazing results, and in short times. Didn't get around to calling today, but will tomorrow.

USN, how is this related to neurological issues?

Sperwer, is this painful when being performed only, or a pain that persist after treatment?
    Last edited by Grape Ape; 06-18-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Body Symmetry Issues

Only while it's being done. Afterwards i feel great - tempted to go to the gym and try some oly jerks LOL.

By the evening i may be a little sore, but i rub in some Absorbine horse liniment gel and it's all good.

My left shoulder used to ache big time all the time. Now it feels normal and i'm close to full rom in only six weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Body Symmetry Issues

Fyi; found on the net today:

Hi Kent,

In today's newsletter, I have a mobility exercise that we use with a lot of our clients and athletes, particularly those who demonstrate a common and very predictable asymmetry pattern. For some people, this simple drill can be a big "game-changer:"

--> Mobility Exercise of the Week: Preventing Excessive Asymmetry <--

This is one exercise demonstration I include in my "Understanding and Managing the Hip Adductors for Health and Performance" presentation in our new resource, Functional Stability Training of the Lower Body. This collaborative effort with Mike Reinold has been a big hit already, and is on sale at a big introductory discount for this week only. You can check it out here.

All the Best,

Eric Cressey

Cressey Training Systems LLC

577 Main St
    Suite 310
    Hudson, MA
    US

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Body Symmetry Issues

Here's that link:

Mobility Exercise of the Week: Left-Stance Toe Touch | Eric Cressey | High Performance Training, Personal Training

Cressey and crew do a lot of interesting stuff, but if there is one thing i've learned, the hard way, it's better to have an expert actually walk you through this stuff - even the stuff that it might be possible to do on your own (which is only really useful if you don't already have issues or have already had serious hands-on work from a pro - and i don't mean xaviera Hollander ( dating myself)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    grape, you got measurements? i understand you dont wanna post pics, but it might give a better insight on what we're talking about here. we have a biased view of our own body and tend to exaggerate a few things ("im too small, im too fat"). not saying it's the case with you
    I'll see if I can get someone to take a pec pic for me as in certain flexed positions you can see the issue best. I just can't hold them and take the picture.

Here is a picture of me on day 1, and then the second is back in late October. A little high body fat, but you can see the issue slightly. This pic also doesn't show the issues outlined by Rodja, but they are prevelent.

Pic won't be up for too long.