User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another picture that is of me standing up straight. This is the one Rodja saw.

The issue is a little exaggerated in this pic. Think I was trying to correct the issue for the pic, as that day was the first time I notice it. Think I'm pushing my one shoulder forward a little more than I should. Think the mirror image through me off or however that works. Still gives a decent example.
    Last edited by Grape Ape; 06-19-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double Post
    Last edited by Grape Ape; 06-19-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Body Symmetry Issues

Oh wow... that last pic really shows an imbalance. If your shoulders are that far out of alignment, it fully explains the uneven pec development, as flexion points would be different with different delt positioning. In the first pics it is difficult to see the pec issues. In the last one, it is also hard to see because of the wildly different delt position.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I think rodja was right on, if you superimpose a grid over that pic there is a big alignment issue. You should also be having strength issues on that weaker side not only because of the smaller muscles but the misaligned mechanics of your lever.

- - - Updated - - -

even looks as though your humerous in your left arm is longer than the right. this maybe could be the cause as you try to compensate for the longer bone on the one side???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Oh wow... that last pic really shows an imbalance. If your shoulders are that far out of alignment, it fully explains the uneven pec development, as flexion points would be different with different delt positioning. In the first pics it is difficult to see the pec issues. In the last one, it is also hard to see because of the wildly different delt position.
    This pic is a little less exaggerated.

Here is a back pic from the same day.

When I look in the mirror I do not notice any of this besides the smaller pec, abs, and the traps. Otherwise my shoulders look parallel and even.

Old Dawg: I do compensate for less strength on my right side, but only on Bench. My right bicep seems to be stronger, despite me being a lefty. I can 1 arm row more weight on my.right side as well.
    Last edited by Grape Ape; 06-19-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You aren't lying. Something, or a few things, are pulling pretty hard on that right side. You might want to try some intensive upper back and neck stretching and ROM excrecises. If you get those tendons back there to relax it should bring that shoulder into better alignment with the left side and improve the look for you.

*edit* Hopefully you aren't training the right side of your back heavier than the left?
    Last edited by Fat Bill Dwyer; 06-19-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm going to look into getting the professional opinion before I attemp anything on my own.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always a good idea, a good PT can fix something like this.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to look into getting the professional opinion before I attemp anything on my own.
    Very rare to read these days, but definitely the best response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely not my approach to most things, but I wouldn't really know where to start with this.