User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    Definitely not my approach to most things, but I wouldn't really know where to start with this.
    Your initial approach of posting topless photos of yourself on the internet for men to look at was a good one, and the one I encourage most people to pursue.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Very rare to read these days, but definitely the best response.
    I thought that's why he was asking the forum

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking some sort of neuromuscular issue, but seeing the pictures I am doubting that now (not a doctor though lol) I think Rodja was spot on. Thats why I was asking all those questions and for pictures, not cause I like seeing almost naked men. I will leave that to Nate.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z View Post
    Thats why I was asking all those questions and for pictures,.
    I think Nate turned me on to this (so to speak)
    - YouTube

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have an appointment set for Monday morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from the doctors. It's actually a chiropractor who seems to be one of the only people who do ART in my area.

I'm very happy with him, and he said I'm a very mild case and didn't have much concern.

The therapy was definitely painfull, but very tolerable and I ha e a second appointment on Thursday.

Said it will take 2-4 sessions, and suggested I do some very light delt work in the gym to pull my shoulders back.
    Most excited on how this will effect growth on my upcoming bulk.

EDIT: Besides Burly's squeeze technique, any suggestions for bringing my lagging pec up to pace?
    Last edited by Grape Ape; 06-24-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it seems like you found proper therapy for the issue, should be a god send soon.

As for the question, I am not great at bringing up lagging parts, so I would be interested in the answers you receive as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I really hope this helps on the development of my body. I know for a fact that atleast the pec symmetry will pull everything together. Soon as this therapy is done, I'm going to switch to DB's for a month. See what that does. Session number two is tomorrow.

I really just don't want this to effect my quality of life 30-40+ years down the road.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Body Symmetry Issues

Do you have access to a cable crossover.machine? You could add in a couple sets of flyes on just the lagging side. To be honest, though, it was your entire body alignment that struck me, not your pec development. They looked to be different shapes moreso than different sizes.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    Thanks. I really hope this helps on the development of my body. I know for a fact that atleast the pec symmetry will pull everything together. Soon as this therapy is done, I'm going to switch to DB's for a month. See what that does. Session number two is tomorrow.

I really just don't want this to effect my quality of life 30-40+ years down the road.
    You are making a wise investment for the future.

As part of my treatment, I had some x-rays and MRIs taken of my spine and shoulders the other day. I also dug out some old ones form years ago for comparative purposes. The news wasn't good. Turns out, I have a species of spinal osteoarthritis which, as I understand it, means that my spine and the connections between it and the ribs, shoulders etc are gradually fusing together. Doc thinks I may be among the approx 10% of the North American population in which this is a more or less congenital condition but says even if that's the case my condition has been substantially worsened by too many parachute jumps, helicopter crashes, motorcycles accidents, etc.

The sobering thing is that, if I remember correctly, the first time I went to a chiro - maybe 20 years ago - I think he suggested the same thing; but in those days I still thought I was effectively bullet-proof. The good news is that the current doc thinks it can be controlled, even rolled back a bit, with daily stretching and flexibility exercises and occasional chiropractic manipulation. I could kick myself though for not having followed up 20 years ago. SO you're doing the right thing.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."