Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's Preparation for Sept 14th SPF Meet in Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Hell yeah great job! Congrats on the PR's! Looks like you put together a great meet. Thats a solid showing for your first meet man. Like the deadlift numbers!
    ^^^heck yea, very nice #'s

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, well done bro.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's Preparation for Sept 14th SPF Meet in Houston

Way to go, Ryan. Nice starting numbers.... and I expect you'll crush those at your next meet.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sick numbers for your weight bro!!! NICE!!!!

Can't wait to see the videos!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words gents. I think I was a little too amped up after my first squat attempt, I got a little ahead of myself. The second should have been right around 375, but you live and you learn. I'm happy about everything. I need to work on my squat and bench, but I'm ready to put in HARD WORK TO BRING THOSE NUMBERS UP! I was dissapointed that I didn't get the 512 DL, but this is just going to give me more of an incentive to crush that number next meet!

I'm thinking about hoping on cycle within the next week or 2. Not sure just yet, but I didn't have the privilege to cycle while training for the meet, but everything is going to get hardcore from here on out!!
    Last edited by O_RYAN_007; 09-22-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I would suggest you take this week off entirely from the gym. Relax spend time with the family and newly expecting wifey! Then work back in on your routine. Make sure there's no issues that you may aggravate by rushing back into it. I've seen alot of guys get hurt by going back to soon to hard. I think you may compound things by starting a cycle too soon if you did strain something. I realize the restorative properties of a good cycle but I also know what can happen to your joints especially shoulders and pecs if you aren't careful! And sometimes powerlifting training entices you to push a little to far and combine that with a cycle can give false confidence. Again just my opinion I'd say hold off to start one for at least 3 weeks while you make sure everything is good.

regardless..

I love the enthusiasm man! You did great! And, I know you can build on those numbers! Just caution a little restraint early on while you learn how powerlifting effects your body. It's going to be fun to see how far you go man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Personally I would suggest you take this week off entirely from the gym. Relax spend time with the family and newly expecting wifey! Then work back in on your routine. Make sure there's no issues that you may aggravate by rushing back into it. I've seen alot of guys get hurt by going back to soon to hard. I think you may compound things by starting a cycle too soon if you did strain something. I realize the restorative properties of a good cycle but I also know what can happen to your joints especially shoulders and pecs if you aren't careful! And sometimes powerlifting training entices you to push a little to far and combine that with a cycle can give false confidence. Again just my opinion I'd say hold off to start one for at least 3 weeks while you make sure everything is good.

regardless..

I love the enthusiasm man! You did great! And, I know you can build on those numbers! Just caution a little restraint early on while you learn how powerlifting effects your body. It's going to be fun to see how far you go man!
    I appreciate the advice Sorrow. I feel I should also take it easy and lay off. I'm going to talk to my training partner about this and we'll work a plan. I know he's ready to get back int it quick, but I feel laying off major lifting these next couple weeks is a smart idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advise Sorrow. And I likewise can't wait to see what you'll become Ryan, especially with that mindset and drive. I'm in to see you back next time, WAY more powerful!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Good advise Sorrow. And I likewise can't wait to see what you'll become Ryan, especially with that mindset and drive. I'm in to see you back next time, WAY more powerful!!
    THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! I'll get back in the gym next week, but I wont excerpt myself more than 50%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan still no vids yet bro?