User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Odd... YouTube is telling me the 336 squat vid is an invalid link.

Deadlift at 496 was super strong. Great form. Bench at 275 was picture perfect. Went up smoothly and never slowed down.
    I can try and post up the squat again tonight. The head judge pulled me aside after our flight and told me he was really impressed with my form. I'll tell you that after working with our PLing coach, my form has gotten even better! Same goes for squats and DLs.
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    That was actually me at 174.5#!!! But I'm glad to be an inspiration to anyone.
    Geez!! 174.5?! Dude, that's sick. Mad respect! Now I am BEYOND inspired!!! I didn't remember you were that light. Are you planning on staying in that weight-class for future meets?

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah man! Thats what I'm talking about! Welcome to the family bro, you are going to be a monster!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's Preparation for Sept 14th SPF Meet in Houston

Hey PLers, I've been away from the sport since highschool so you'll have to excuse my ignorance...

What federations are good and do raw meets? And do they drug test? My shoulder is at about 80% for the first time in 20 years, my strength is going up, and my interest in hitting a local meet has been piqued.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey PLers, I've been away from the sport since highschool so you'll have to excuse my ignorance...

What federations are good and do raw meets? And do they drug test? My shoulder is at about 80% for the first time in 20 years, my strength is going up, and my interest in hitting a local meet has been piqued.
    I compete in the Southern Powerlifting Federation. I've heard nothing but great things about the judges and the federation. The judges were really cool, and took the time to give you tips for hitting the lifts.

I do plan to hit my next meet in the 181# class, after that is a different story. I'm glad to be in this family. I'm fkn hooked man! My numbers may not have been what I wanted, but I now what I need to work on, and we now have a PL coach/trainer. The dude knows his shit and he has been pushing us harder than we'd ever imagine!! I almost threw up 3 times during today's Rep Effort Squat day!

We're using the BOSS CUBE by Brandon Lilly, then after we hit that, it's our trainers turn with the programming. It's fucken BRUTAL!!! But I already know my form on all 3 lifts is WAY Better than last cube, and my strength is SHOOTING UP LIKE CRAZY!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The fed I ws in didn't drug test, but I would have passed with flying colors since I was drug free the entire time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Geez!! 174.5?! Dude, that's sick. Mad respect! Now I am BEYOND inspired!!! I didn't remember you were that light. Are you planning on staying in that weight-class for future meets?
    I was never that light, I dropped 8#s in one day, I never thought I could pull that off. I started the training cube at 193, and I competed right around 180 (thats what I weighed in the am of the meet, weigh ins were friday afternoon at 4pm). I was the second guy to weigh in, LOL!!!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna read into the Boss Cube, since I can't do any compound movements these days anyway. Any advise on a good article to start on?