User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squat day, I feel like I'm going to puke and diarrhea at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Squat day, I feel like I'm going to puke and diarrhea at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!
    Ok, so your doing right.. j/k

Only thing I'd add about chains / band work is that depending on how you use the chains (I usually have it set so the chains are completely off the floor on the lift I'm doing) there is some swinging from the chains thats adds some stability work. And bands tend to create a bar path if there is any kind of angle from where they are mounted. But, they can be used to make the lockout harder, or make the lower portion of a lift easier somewhat simulating lifting gear.

Last saturday I wanted to make the lockout harder on my deadlifts. So I had blue bands over the bar. So while there was 495 lbs in real weight on the bar, at lockout it felt like it was nearly 700lbs. On of the downsides is I pull conventional, while my partner is shorter and pulls sumo. So while there is nearly 200lbs of resistance at lockout for me, my partner doesn't pull the bands as far so on the same setup he got around 130 lbs of resistance at full lockout.
    Alternatively, we could have hung the bands from the ceiling and used them to help start the weight off the floor and worked the lockout that way.

At any rate glad you've got a meet in mind. I find it helps with the focus when you know your going to be putting it all out there on the platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Ok, so your doing right.. j/k

Only thing I'd add about chains / band work is that depending on how you use the chains (I usually have it set so the chains are completely off the floor on the lift I'm doing) there is some swinging from the chains thats adds some stability work. And bands tend to create a bar path if there is any kind of angle from where they are mounted. But, they can be used to make the lockout harder, or make the lower portion of a lift easier somewhat simulating lifting gear.

Last saturday I wanted to make the lockout harder on my deadlifts. So I had blue bands over the bar. So while there was 495 lbs in real weight on the bar, at lockout it felt like it was nearly 700lbs. On of the downsides is I pull conventional, while my partner is shorter and pulls sumo. So while there is nearly 200lbs of resistance at lockout for me, my partner doesn't pull the bands as far so on the same setup he got around 130 lbs of resistance at full lockout.
    Alternatively, we could have hung the bands from the ceiling and used them to help start the weight off the floor and worked the lockout that way.

At any rate glad you've got a meet in mind. I find it helps with the focus when you know your going to be putting it all out there on the platform.
    When we added chains to our squats last week, we had them set with about 2 links on the floor. We used these straps to hang the chains at all different heights. Elite FTS

On deadlifts on monday, we fkn killed it (moved up to 395x1x3 sets with 120# of chains). Lockout was a BITCH!!! But I really liked the addition of the chains on all the lifts.

I'm having trouble spreading my hips, flaring my knees, and hitting depth, so we're trying to fix my form while using about 65% of my max. Towards the end, I was really getting things down (using 315 hitting triples). After we did all those sets, we moved onto reverse bands squats (i did triples and my partner did singles) I did 4 sets of 375. These guys really helped me flare my knees and hit depth on every single set. I think I was just so used to not having any sort of spotter on squats, so I never really went to parallel or past parallel for that matter. We'll be working towards getting my form down on every lift, NO MATTER WHAT!

I squat pretty wide, and I Sumo deadlift (just an fyi).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO I must have had a stomach bug yesterday, because about 45 mins into our training session (2 hrs long) I my stomach started cramping real bad. My partner thought he was just pushing me too hard, but I knew something didn't feel right. He thought maybe I wasn't breathing right, but I knew it wasn't that. I pushed through all the sets and managed not to shit myself, but I continued onto doing reverse hypers with 3 plates on each side for 4 sets of 8 while super setting decline abs. This did not feel good and my stomach was cramping really bad!

As soon as I got home, I proceeded to the toilet! This happened all evening long, and into the night. This bug or food poisoning really fkd up my stomach. I called in sick today. Right around 3:30 am I had to use the Restroom again, and after I took some imodium and eventually went to bed around 4:30am.

I'm feeling better now, but I haven't attempted to put anything into my stomach. We'll see how it goes. Either way, I think I showed my training partner how fkn dedicated I am by pressing on the way I did yesterday.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's Preparation for Sept 14th SPF Meet in Houston

If you want to prove your dedication, go back and pull deads today. Lol
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    If you want to prove your dedication, go back and pull deads today. Lol
    I don't think so, my lower posterior chain is slammed from the reverse hypers!!! My legs and hips actually feel great, surprisingly. We do train tomorrow morning, so I'll have to do a re-feed today if my body allows. I need FOOD!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sat 6-22: RE Upper

Strict OH Presses: (no bouncing)

Bar 1x25
    95x8
    135x5
    155x5
    135x8
    135x8
    135x8

This is definitely my weak point. I never did OH presses, maybe standing DB presses, but not regularly. Getting the OH press # up is going to get my bench up for sure.

Incline Bench:

135x8
    155x5
    175x3
    195x3
    205x3

T-Bar Rows:

3plates and a quarter 4x12

Circuit: Hammer curls (40#x8 db) Facepulls (80#s x 10) Hanging leg raises (15) 4 sets

Calves: Super set : donkey calf raises 4x10 (240#s) (Instructional Fitness - Donkey Calf Raises - YouTube) + calf raise machine not sure how much weight it was 4x10.

I think that was it. Great work today despite having dropped 3.5#s from the day before's food poisoning sickness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll be doing a mock meet on Tuesday to get our numbers to base our training off of.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's Preparation for Sept 14th SPF Meet in Houston

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    We'll be doing a mock meet on Tuesday to get our numbers to base our training off of.
    Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Good luck.
    Thanks good sir!