User Tag List

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    We'll be doing a mock meet on Tuesday to get our numbers to base our training off of.
    You should record and post a video bro, so we could catch a bit of the action!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try and see if I can get someone to catch the action for me.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I'll try and see if I can get someone to catch the action for me.
    Sounds good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm super amped up about today! I haven't trained since Sat so I'm nice and fresh. I've been stretching like crazy these past could days and rolling my entire body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mock Meet Number:

Squat: 380 (got this easy) when for 420, but I just couldn't explode out of the hole.
    Take away: need to work more on adductors and abductors to help me explode out of the hole.

Bench: 290 (got this really smooth the entire way. got great hip drive and glute thrust) went for 315 but failed tp get a lock out on both attempts.

Deadlifts: 510 I i was fkn spent after everything that we had done in the 2.5 hrs, but I got this solid. I went for 540, but that was a complete fail, lol!

I have vids for all the lifts fail and cleared (except the 380 squat) but I won't be able to post them up until I get back from vacation, next week. I might need some help uploading them, all tips are welcomed.

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the results... No, I didn't hit all the maxes that I listed on page one, but the way I see it is, I really wasn't lifting according any type of federation rules... Now I am. I got my "new" PRs that I will be training against. We'll take all next week off, and come back to hit another strength block for 11 weeks; we'll take the week before the meet off. The meet has actually been moved out to Sept 21st.

Total (6/25): 1,180#s
    That's 217#s off hitting total elite, but I'm GONNA hit TOTAL ELITE!! Maybe not this meet, but I will inch closer as time passes, I KNOW THIS!!

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid lifts man. People tend to underestimate the toll doing max attempts in all three lifts in the same day can take. In a well run meet with a good turn out you'll have a better chance at recovering and getting some extra lbs back.

Don't underestimate how helpful it can be to getting into a set warm up routine. It takes some of the guess work out if you know in advance what you are going to use and when to warm up. You don't want to start warming up 2 flights early and then get cold waiting, and you also for sure don't want to get behind and not warm up or feel rushed. Can cost you an easy opener. Just my 2 cents.

Good work man, sure your going to put some serious numbers up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Solid lifts man. People tend to underestimate the toll doing max attempts in all three lifts in the same day can take. In a well run meet with a good turn out you'll have a better chance at recovering and getting some extra lbs back.

Don't underestimate how helpful it can be to getting into a set warm up routine. It takes some of the guess work out if you know in advance what you are going to use and when to warm up. You don't want to start warming up 2 flights early and then get cold waiting, and you also for sure don't want to get behind and not warm up or feel rushed. Can cost you an easy opener. Just my 2 cents.

Good work man, sure your going to put some serious numbers up!
    Thanks my friend! I will agree with the the toll back to back maxes took on me. I was drinking PN's CarboSlin and Peptopro intra, along side some of PNs Amino infusion with some electrolytes mixes in my water. I know these things can help, but getting a real meal in between will def help me recover! I got in a really good stretching session before any warm up sets, so I was nice and loose the entire time.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's Preparation for Sept 14th SPF Meet in Houston

Nice work, good #s. You are right about lifting to certain standards making a world of difference. Once you get more comfortable with them, those #s will start coming back up. I'm excited for you and the process you are about to go through. Very cool.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Nice work, good #s. You are right about lifting to certain standards making a world of difference. Once you get more comfortable with them, those #s will start coming back up. I'm excited for you and the process you are about to go through. Very cool.
    I haven't been this excited/anxious about something like this for a very long time... Last time I felt the anxiety levels like I did today, I was running track in HS (this was amplified times 10!!) I'm glad I have the lifting partner I do, he gives me confidence when I need it the most. He's patient with me, always trying to help correct my form or giving good tips in getting better. He's starting to ask me things now, which makes me feel even more confident in myself. I have only scratched the surface of the world of Powerlifting, but I'm in it to win it; in it for the long haul. I TRAIN for a PURPOSE NOW!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really jealous man. I've had one lifting partner and he was far from reliable.