User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just imagine spoas must be a very terrible pain area for muscle pain... Must be good to have a wife that knows how to hit the triggering points!

Talking about conditioning work, how do you feel overall about your conditioning since you started training for the meet?? Personally I feel that heavy ass compound movements have brought up my conditioning way much more than HIIT workouts.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squat Day:

My psoas is still really tight, but I stretched a lot in the sauna today at lunch and about 20 mins before my workout. I told my training partner that I was still not ready to go heavy or do multiple reps at a time.

Barx6
    Barx6
    150x3
    250x2
    250x2
    250x1
    250x1
    250x1

I was able to hit below parallel on the last three sets. We brought my stance in closer and moved the bar a little lower on my back and that really got me sitting back nicely. I wasn't able to completely spread my hips since they are still super tight and with the pain in the psoas, but I managed to hit below parallel the last couple sets. It really built my confidence despite this nagging pain and tightness. No more lower body work for the week until Monday, so I will be able to rest up and stretch a good amount these next couple days.

Quad curls:
    130x15
    140x15
    160x15

This had my quads burning like crazy!

Reverse Hypers:

2plates and a 25 on each side
    3x8

standing blast strap ab work w 90#s
    4x10

Kettle bell swings 50 pounder
    4 sets of 8 reps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    I just imagine spoas must be a very terrible pain area for muscle pain... Must be good to have a wife that knows how to hit the triggering points!

Talking about conditioning work, how do you feel overall about your conditioning since you started training for the meet?? Personally I feel that heavy ass compound movements have brought up my conditioning way much more than HIIT workouts.
    We're not doing crazy amount of conditioning, but I will say our Repetition Effort Days have really gotten me in shape. Doing 3-5 working sets of 8 reps for 55% of our max with 120#s of chains get my breathing hard!! But I'm in great condition. I push my training partner in this realm. He's not slow by any means, but I like to push the pace a little quicker. Don't get me wrong, we get a good amount of rest between sets, but I've been trying to cut the time down a tad... Our training sessions are around 2-2.5 hrs depending on the day.

My wife did some more trigger point releases on the psoas and its feeling amazing considering I squatted today. I've been stretching the hell out of it, putting heat on it, getting in the jacuzzi, getting in the wet sauna. I'm doing as much flexibility work and mobility work as possible to loosen things up and ease the pain; it's working.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quad curls?! Enlighten me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Quad curls?! Enlighten me
    I call them quad curls but I guess they are typically referred to as leg extensions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dead Day: A Mix of RE and ME deads
    Off the platform:
    150x8
    240x8
    290x5
    310x8
    330x8
    330x8

Deads off 45# bumper plates @ 80% of max:

420x3
    420x3
    420x3

GHR:

3*12

Weighted abs (4x12) w 50# db on the GHR w Grip work (sets of 8 reps each hand) 4 total sets.

My hips/psoas muscle is getting better, but its still a little bothersome. I've been stretching like crazy, and it's really helping. It didn't bother me one bit during yesterdays training session.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weight down to 185 this morning! I'm pretty excited since I'm really not trying all that hard to drop weight. Strength remains the same, and so are my energy levels. I'm still eating a good amount, but just dropping carbs here and there. I'll be competing in the 181 class, so I have still have about 10 wks before the meet; it was pushed back till Sept 21st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what I was saying about still having 10 wks before the meet in that last post. I have 6 more training weeks, and then one week off before the meet. It's a total of 7 more weeks. I'll get all my paper work in by Wed of this week. Things are starting to feel really real! I'm really excited and anxious at the same time. Training has been going great, and the hip flexor is also doing good. It's still not a 100%, but I'm about 75% right now, maybe a little better.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah man, that point of no return when you send off the money and the form.. love it! The only time I get more fired up is when the switch flips and Im in for the kill when I see the squat bar loaded at the meet.. Good to see your feeling better! dial it all in and go put some numbers up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Hell yeah man, that point of no return when you send off the money and the form.. love it! The only time I get more fired up is when the switch flips and Im in for the kill when I see the squat bar loaded at the meet.. Good to see your feeling better! dial it all in and go put some numbers up!
    I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel... I'm focusing more, and just getting myself ready, amped up with every training session. Digging deeper, pushing harder, and loving every minute of it!