User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned?! NOT In America! What it is, and what it does(to you)!

Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    im reaching? i said in my opinion, i'd tax soda (and unhealthy foods in general if you ask me) in favor of small farmers, if you think that is unthinkable and a reach, that's your problem.

you're the one who said one piece of regulation in soda is a slippery slope to a police state. that seems incredibly exaggerated. slippery slope is actually the name of an informal logical fallacy for when such ridiculous statements are made.

- - - Updated - - -

i can respect that. my main point of contention of most libertarians is how unregulated most seem to want the markets, but hey, to each his own.
    I am for market freedom, but I don't think that the global market is a fair market. Libertarian non aggression allows for laws that protect people from harm. Also, if the libertarian ideas of tax codes were enacted, we'd be a fucking power house again and a lot of the subsidies that the people that make shit food use would fall by the wayside... With out subsidies, high fructose corn syrup would not exists.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    disagree with bold. there is a number of things that are prohibited despite opinion and we haven't slipped into a police state because of it.

gays not being allowed to marry and pot and lsd being made illegal didn't turn into men in black coming into my house to check whether im banging my wife or not.
    That's reaching brother. THAT's what you're comparing soda too. Ridiculous.

I have no problem taxing soda and other unhealthy things. That's not what you were talking about. It seems you're in favor of having our liberties trampled by Big brother.

And regulating something like soda is how it starts. Not ridiculous at all. My previous comments stand. I'll make it real simple for you.

Tellling us how much soda we can drink = ridiculous

Making sure poison doesn't end up in the food supply = smart.

I dont' see how that's difficult to comprehend.

Banging ugly girls is bad for self esteem. Are you in favor of regulating them too?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    That's reaching brother. THAT's what you're comparing soda too. Ridiculous.

I have no problem taxing soda and other unhealthy things. That's not what you were talking about. It seems you're in favor of having our liberties trampled by Big brother.

And regulating something like soda is how it starts. Not ridiculous at all. My previous comments stand. I'll make it real simple for you.

Tellling us how much soda we can drink = ridiculous

Making sure poison doesn't end up in the food supply = smart.

I dont' see how that's difficult to comprehend.
    it's not difficult. the fact that i don't agree with what you're saying and think some of the progressions you stated are quite the stretch doesn't mean i don't comprehend what you're saying. that one is called ad hominem, just fyi...

but if we're treating each other like children, here it goes:

regulating the side of a drink being the start of a police state = ridiculous, paranoid and very imaginative.

is that too hard to comprehend or you just happen to disagree?

but whatever, carry on. i have no intentions of changing your mind, but posed questions with the interest of understanding other POVs. i find them interesting, specially the more radical and paranoid ones.
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it's not difficult. the fact that i don't agree with what you're saying and think some of the progressions you stated are quite the stretch doesn't mean i don't comprehend what you're saying. that one is called ad hominem, just fyi...

but if we're treating each other like children, here it goes:

regulating the side of a drink being the start of a police state = ridiculous, paranoid and very imaginative.

is that too hard to comprehend or you just happen to disagree?

but whatever, carry on. i have no intentions of changing your mind, but posed questions with the interest of understanding other POVs. i find them interesting, specially the more radical and paranoid ones.
    So just to clarify, you don't agree that poisons should be taken out of the food supply?

And all I'm saying is you ban the sale of soda, where does it end? Who draws the line? Tell me? It opens up new doors of ridiculous regulation, which you seem to be in favor of.

And ad hominem...thanks for that. I'll most likely use that....never.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Banned?! NOT In America! What it is, and what it does(to you)!

two viewpoints... no one will be changing anyone's mind here. Things seem to be heating up... let's keep it short of condescending and inferring. Thanks.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thread.

I personally believe there are too many agenda's to ever untangle the web of deceit that lies over us all.

One one hand they are trying to "protect us" on the other hand they are "allowing us to make our own decisions".

As a past gov't employee I can tell you firsthand they are burning the candle at both ends. Every move they make has money written all over it and they truly don't give a shit about the health of American's. They might care how much money they can save from preventative care, so they can balance a budget...but you won't see them shed a tear or make a move with a child dying from Cancer unless a dollar bill is attached to it. You and I are just a number in their eyes. The gov't is an entity, but the people are the power. Unfortunately many are too fat and lazy and scared to stand up for any thing they might believe in.
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post

Banging ugly girls is bad for self esteem. Are you in favor of regulating them too?
    Banging any chic, ugly or hot, is great for my self esteem. I've been known to regulate a ho or 2 in my day, though..........

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know bro, that's how it started in Germany, don't you remember krystallpepsinacht?

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Banging any chic, ugly or hot, is great for my self esteem. I've been known to regulate a ho or 2 in my day, though..........
    Not me! Some mornings I have come too and wished I had drank more so I could blame the poor decision on the booze.
    Last edited by Fat Bill Dwyer; 06-26-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Bill Dwyer View Post
    I don't know bro, that's how it started in Germany, don't you remember krystallpepsinacht?
    LOL the infamous night where those bastards broke pepsi bottles owned by jewish folks... who can forget? there's people who deny it ever happened, you know...
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness