User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get most of my carbs from Brown Rice Pasta... doesn't sound good but my girl tried it and didn't see the difference... Personally, i get bloated from wheat but that is ME..

IMO, go progressively into making better eating habits... Start cutting out the sweets, then the sodium and so on...

Try and get some meat/poultry/fish, good source of carbs and veggies every time you eat...

Don't try and jump in too quickly... I fucking hate when people say this but it`s the truth... ''it's a marathon'' not a sprint...

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about eggs and sweet potatoes and oats

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    What about eggs and sweet potatoes and oats
    add in chicken breasts coated in buffalo sauce and that is the majority of my diet lol

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm trying to lose fat and gain in strength and muscle...do I need 6 meals a day or is 3 meals with my macros in check be okay? its hard to hit meal timings seeing how I work over the morning and lunch hours...so its hard to get breakfast and lunch in some days.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clean food is pretty cheap when feeding one person. Majority of food looks like this:

Eggs
    85/15 ground beef
    Chicken breast
    Oats
    Sweet patatoes
    Cottage cheese
    Apples, bananas, pears
    Huge variety of fresh vegis

Don't be afraid to let loose and enjoy yourself on occasion though.

In the fall/winter when I'm trying to put on the most muscle, I eat at what I call 70/30. 70% clean, and 30% whatever I want to help get the calories in. Still try to eat low sugar.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 20 cents: if it's processed, comes in a box/package and has more than 5 ingredients, be suspicious, it's more likely than not, not "clean"

as you learn more about dieting, you'll expand on this, but i think it's a good beginners tip.

- - - Updated - - -

if you have a hard time eating clean, make sure you keep a cheat meal about once a week, so the plan is easier to follow. if you're prepping for anything specific you may have to revisit this strategy
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I've over come my first major hurdle a year ago...cut Soda completely out of my diet...drink mostly water and the occasional iced tea w lemon...but that's about it.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z View Post
    add in chicken breasts coated in buffalo sauce and that is the majority of my diet lol
    boneless skinless chicken breasts are $1.89/lb where I live, hard to beat that.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebyjr450 View Post
    If I'm trying to lose fat and gain in strength and muscle...do I need 6 meals a day or is 3 meals with my macros in check be okay? its hard to hit meal timings seeing how I work over the morning and lunch hours...so its hard to get breakfast and lunch in some days.
    I would do 6 if you can. Keep that metabolism going.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see anyone mention liquids. Avoid drinking sugars like soda(DIET SODA IS JUST AS BAD) and liquor. Drink at least 1 gallon of water a day which is very important in the digestion of food. Alcohol is also not great for the body but I still love a couple beers once and a while(dark beer only). While some fruit juices can be healthy I would not drink if I was trying to loose weigh because of the sugar content.

Oops I missed OP already mentioned it. Just make sure that tea isn't sweetened
    Last edited by weakling; 06-24-2013 at 10:43 AM.