User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for more expensive than junk food, I don't agree.

I get away with around $30 a week, not including milk and extra eggs.

That covers a week worth of hamburger meet, sweet potatoes, oats, cottage cheese, my fruit, and a snack.or two.

I'm blessed that I still live at home though, and that my mother is a phenomenal cook, making home cooked dinners 6 days week. Lean meat, starch, fresh vegis.

Still, that would be an extra $10 or so. Compare all that to friends who eat out nightly, drink pricey energy drinks and bags of junk food. I def come out with a lower expense.

And if your family owns a dinner where you cook, you easily have access to eggs, grilled chicken and ground beef.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno where you live or who you know, but ground beef here is $5/lb. So $30 would get only 6 lbs of beef alone. I typically slam back a full pound a day on top of other foods when I'm looking to get big.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why eat clean when you can eat clen?

Diets are for pussies. I mix craze and nitro tech with redbull and eat chicken mcnuggets all day and I'm totally ripped..... BEEFCAKE!!

sorry boys, I just had to let that out.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I dunno where you live or who you know, but ground beef here is $5/lb. So $30 would get only 6 lbs of beef alone. I typically slam back a full pound a day on top of other foods when I'm looking to get big.
    Shoprite beef is more around $3/lb or so. I don't eat a pound a day. Just 1 hamburger patty. Probably about 6 or 7oz.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sams club. everything in bulk. 1.89/lb chicken breast
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kroger has eggs on for $1/doz. they will last forever in the fridge, if you eat a doz/day you could easily get 3 weeks worth if you had room to store them

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I like alot of the suggestions, but realize how much I overspend on food shopping in Chicago, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you get your diet figured out (and to me the definition of "clean" is the least refined version of a food that is available) I have some ideas for you on budgeting:

o Obviously use your diner connections with wholesale suppliers. maybe you can order some foods that the diner doesn't usually stock, like egg whites, cottage cheese, etc.
    o Don't get "gamed" when shopping. a sale price at an expensive store may be worse than the regular price at another store. Learn the stores in your area and their prices. Keep a file in your phone or PDA of the foods you buy a lot of, the typical price at several stores, and the best price. then you can decide what to buy, where, and when rather than being fooled into "good deals". this is the best thing i've ever done for shopping (if needed calculate the price per oz or ml so you can compare different sizes)
    o sign up for online sales fliers if available, get the little points key fobs but never buy something just because it gives you 300 points or whatever. redeem your points (which you earn by buying only the lowest price items) on money off your purchase, never appliances or whatever, which will be massively overpriced.
    o buy dented or short-dated foods where possible
    o buy in bulk, like bulk bins or order huge bags of oats, rice, etc.
    o save money on supps by getting them vetted on this forum before buying overpriced, crappy BBing brands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thought of something else I would add that I have always sort of known intuitively but recently read about in David Bach's book on investing. the concept is called the "latte factor". as a financial planner he worked with people who were supposedly in dire monetary straits yet still somehow had the cash for the daily grande Starbucks. so, take that money and invest it (or in this case save on unnecessary purchases so you can have extra for food). $2.50 a pop everyday is $75 a month, and that's a lot of meat and eggs

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are a lot more things you can do along those lines, cell phones or premium plans, cable or satellite tv, shit on your home phone, caller id, call waiting, etc.... coffee, smokes, eating out.... none of that is a necessity