User Tag List

Hybrid View

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It would definitely be in Andy's best interest to stay southy in the fight as Weidman's best TD entrance is the inside single, which he can't do against a southy. Dana has said that most, if not all, pros are picking Weidman, but the only ones to come public are GSP and Edgar, whom both have direct ties to Weidman and I'll take with a grain of salt.

Weidman's been out for awhile, but Andy has been as well (the "fight" against Bonnar wasn't even a challenge). On paper, Weidman is a better version of Chael in terms of athleticism, submission technique, and speed. I don't recall Weidman being rocked in his previous fights, but none of them were known for their standup (sans Hall) and definitely not on Andy's level of accuracy.

My prediction: Weidman via choke (Brabo) in 3rd round.
    bold call. i find a brabo, with no gi, and in the 3rd with all that sweat, a fairly difficult sub to pull, but hey...crazier things have happened

Quote Originally Posted by Dcabedo View Post
    Silva's gonna retire champion...
    i dont see him losing at '85 either, unless he pushes it too long.
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    bold call. i find a brabo, with no gi, and in the 3rd with all that sweat, a fairly difficult sub to pull, but hey...crazier things have happened
    It's actually easier to pull it off without a gi as the sweat makes it easier to drive the arm through, but the gloves can make it difficult. Part of my reasoning is that Weidman already has a tremendous front headlock choke game, a solid arm length (combined with Silva's slightish shoulders), and wrestlers are inherently made for this position.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys