User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol Alternatives

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in over a year now, and have no plans on drinking anytime soon. I have issues with alcohol, but do not have any addiction issues otherwise. Alcohol just effects me poorly. However, my social life has taken a huge hit because I don't go out much anymore. I really miss the nightlife and clubbing though. So any recommendations for an alcohol substitute?

I've tried phenibut and thoroughly enjoyed it. Felt like a mix between xanax and a few beers. Worked well in one or two small social settings, but not sure for more of a party scene.

Thought maybe I should add a stim for some energy with phenibuts disinhibiting and relaxing effects.anyone have any experience with Axon or another stim that might be slightly euphoric?

Kava Kava seems as it might be a bit of a replacement. Anyone with experience?

Anyway, you guys get the idea here, so lay down some ideas for a potential party stack.

PS: Keep in mind I'm a daily weed smoker with 3-4 month dry out periods throughout the year. Most things will probably be in conjunction with marijuana.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had a drink in 10 months but I didn't drink all that much so it's really no biggie. I usually drink juice or a ginger ale if I go to an event so I don't look awkward.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's just say I'm in my mis twenties and I miss chasing tail and having a night out with the boys. That said, I'm not looking for the "have a good time without drugs" speach. That isn't the point if this thread simple and plain.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came to recommend weed. I was beat to the punch.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your social life took a hit because you don't drink?? get better friends is my suggestion...
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should do bathsalts. There's the added benefit of getting extra protein from munching on peeps faces.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Bill Dwyer View Post
    You should do bathsalts. There's the added benefit of getting extra protein from munching on peeps faces.
    gon' get the swole on
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    your social life took a hit because you don't drink?? get better friends is my suggestion...
    My friends are fine, but the social aspect of a Friday night, or weekend out has taken a hit. I personally, don't enjoy being the sober one with a bunch of drunk people, and the aspect of a dance club is a little less appealing when not socially lubricated. Shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp.

This isn't an addiction issue. I just personally dont like how alcohol effects me after more than a few drinks, so I abstain to not make a jack ass of myself. Any other drugs I tend to handle fine. Weed, mushrooms, Acid, etc. Though in the later few I partake rarely.

The rest of my social life is fine. Bonfires with friends, watching movies, shooting the shit, road trips etc. Just when going out and not getting shit faced, I tend to find the whole situation less than enjoyable, so.I usually decline. I'd like to find something to make me feel less out of place, and a little more relaxed in a part atmosphere. Not to get trashed or destroyed.

I have no problem abstaining from alcohol what so ever, and I'm sure my wallet would be happy about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Bill Dwyer View Post
    There's a reason we don't eat human. It doesn't taste good.
    Last edited by Grape Ape; 06-27-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    Let's just say I'm in my mis twenties and I miss chasing tail and having a night out with the boys. That said, I'm not looking for the "have a good time without drugs" speach. That isn't the point if this thread simple and plain.
    ah-hoo, you are looking to get intoxicated, I didn't realize. I thought you were just looking to be social.
    You could drink 8 oz of DM cough syrup. That's what my friends and I used to do.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Came to recommend weed. I was beat to the punch.
    Yes, but weed can make me a little bit of an introvert so I usually leave it for unwinding before bed. It has treated me nicely on a dance floor in the past.

Saw your sister company "Celtic Labs" has a few possible products out there. Any comment on that?