Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round III

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contest Update

Originally, I was planning to do the local iteration of Muscle Mania in early September but, as I mentioned earlier, I decided that I really wasn't (and wouldn't be) ready for prime time yet; MM does not have a masters division here, so I'd have been going up against the young guns in the regular heavyweight division. So now I've registered for the Seoul Mayor's Cup on September 17th. My goal of course is to win the Master's Division; I assume I'll finish in the top three as long as I prep well. My more important goals are to raise my game with better overall muscle size development; dramatically improved legs, especially separation; and even more dramatically improved posing technique in order to better and best express what I've got. That means carb cycling, twice a week leg days, and some serious posing practice starting now. The countdown begins...
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wise approach Sperwer. Your carb cycles are gonna be similar to CarbNite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Wise approach Sperwer. Your carb cycles are gonna be similar to CarbNite?
    Interesting question. If I were to have to choose between CBL and CarbNite, I would say my cycle is closer to the latter, but with only clean carbs.

Another difference is that my protocol is really 2 carb nights and 1 morning - Fri, Sat and Sun - with less than 20-30 grams of carbs any other day and relatively moderate total amounts of carbs during the refeeds. That brings it closer to the classic CKD - cyclical ketogenic diet.

Finally, I also do IF - intermittent fasting - Monday through Saturday, so that brings it closer to the Lean Gains approach of Martin Berkhan. He seems to have gone off the rails a bit - not diet-wise, but psychologically, judging from his few recent blog entries - but his diet approach is very appealing to me - maybe because I've always been a no-breakfast guy, so IF isn't really too taxing for me.

Anyway, I am finding that the cycling is enabling me to lose fat (or maintain low BF) while maintaining or even growing lean mass through relatively small adjustments in total calories, without unmanageable food cravings of any kind. Great stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cleared for Action; and the Problem w/ Abs

Had my annual physical this week and, thanks to my status as corporate wife to the CEO who sends all 300 of her employees to the same clinic for their company-paid check-ups, managed to get the results pronto.

Liver and lipids are all within normal parameters; no other red flags, so I'm GTG for another run. Started my second flight of parabolan today @ 100. Only 1 vial on hand, will keep it to 200/wk until my resupply arrives; then, depending on how I feel, may go back up to 300.

An amusing tidbit from the physical. Instead of a gastric endoscopy, here one can get a less intrusive and unpleasant gastric exam from a sort of x-ray gizmo that I've never seen anywhere but in Asia. You drink something fizzy to gas you up, followed by some liquid chalk to coat your guts, then climb onto a sort of vertical sled that is then moved around and parallel to the floor, then up again, so the machine can take pictures front and back and from various angles. The climax is when the machine extrudes a robotic arm with a sort of blunt-nosed cone on the end that is pressed into your gut at various places/angles. This year it took the technician forever to get the shots he was aiming for with the arm. And afterwards he said something to the effect that next year I may need to get the regular endoscopy because my abs were "too thick" for the machine to generate good pictures of what's behind them. LOL.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 07-31-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round III

Bench PR

20x20 kg
    20x40
    20x60
    12x80
    8x100
    6x110
    4x120
    4x130
    4x135
    2x140 WHO-AH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tren God is Speaking to Me.

Today's back workout:

Deads

20x20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 kg

Seated Cable Rows

20x47, 57, 67, 77 kg

Triangle Pull-Downs

20x47, 57, 67, 77 kg

Standing Cable Pull Downs

20x15, 20, 25, 30

Still had a lot of gas in the tank, so

Inman Shrugs

10x20x20 kg

Ham Curls

20x32, 39, 46, 53 kg.

Quad Extensions

20x 46, 53, 60, 67, 74, 81 kg.

Adductors

20x32, 39, 46, 53 kg

To be fair, I think this is not just the Parabolan, but also the carb cycling, which provides me with a lot more fuel than the straight out keto I was doing before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round III

8 days out from the Seoul Mayor's Cup competition. I'm expecting good things. Because of carb cycling and, especially the Tren God being fed by the carbs, i've managed to put on 7 kg of muscle while maintaining a single digit BF %. In fact BF now is at 5.9%, which is just below where i was at for the first show 5 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round III

Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    8 days out from the Seoul Mayor's Cup competition. I'm expecting good things. Because of carb cycling and, especially the Tren God being fed by the carbs, i've managed to put on 7 kg of muscle while maintaining a single digit BF %. In fact BF now is at 5.9%, which is just below where i was at for the first show 5 months ago.

Sounds like there will be a dramatic difference between Sperwer 1.0 and Sperwer 2.0. Nice going, brother!
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round III

The Tren God IS on a roll. ) i've been hitting new PRs in every lift every day. The proof is that I, literally, fall asleep for 30-45 minutes after every session before I even get out of the gym. I now have a designated rack in the trainers' ready room. Between my recent dreams and this I'm in total combat patrol mode.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep on killing it my man, nice that you are hitting all these PRs! Continue pushing, you only have a couple weeks to go before you demolish the competition! Can't wait to see the new Transformed Sperwer.