User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there are some good suggestions but it's also worthwhile to keep in mind that a lot of us are jacking our bodies full of harsh stimulants. probably a good idea to try a couple weeks with no stims to see how it affects sleep before resorting to longterm Rx usage

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    Maybe your blood sugar is low and your bodies demanding carbs? Whenever I eat, it takes 30 mins for the appetite to subside, I think it may be takes that amount of time as the brain takes that long to register signals from the stomach, or I could be totally wrong. LOL
    Try a large spoon of coconut oil.

Phenibut is great for deep sleep, but has possible dependency issues, so I tend to only take it a couple of nights a week at most.
    Iforce Intimidate gives me great quality of sleep.
    Very low dose melatonin works well and clears the system quickly once you're exposed to light. .3mgs works just as well as 3mgs for me. I was told by Jelesie or Infamy (sorry cant' remember), that Melatonin can give shutdown, to what degree I'm not sure, but possibly best to avoid in PCT. Sometimes I wake at 5am and have to get a couple more hours sleep so I use melatonin and it does the job.

Passionflower and Valerian are also very effective as a tea or pill. I heard recently that some people are actually smoking passionflower. WTF???

2g or more Taurine helps also. I take quite a high dose of saw palmetto and rarely have to get up and pee in the night. Perhaps that would be worthwhile trying. Takes a couple of weeks before it kicks in.
    I take melatonin nightly, have been for quite some time... I'm curious to see studies linking the usage to shutdown. I don't feel nor do my bloods show there are any signs of shutdown. I think I may try a nightly tea to calm me down so I can stop taking melatonin for a while. Any good suggestions?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I take melatonin nightly, have been for quite some time... I'm curious to see studies linking the usage to shutdown. I don't feel nor do my bloods show there are any signs of shutdown. I think I may try a nightly tea to calm me down so I can stop taking melatonin for a while. Any good suggestions?
    I'm just following advice re Melatonin, so no studies

In the UK there is a tea sold at holland and Barratts called 'night time tea' by Heath & Heather, which I find surprisingly good.
    It contains Camomile (61%), Spearmint (21%), Blueberry Leaves, Orange Blossoms (3.5%), Limeflowers (3%), Lemongrass, Passionflower leaves (1%), Rosebuds, Rosehips.

Works better than just Camomile, anyway.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^watch out! Spearmint is an anti androgen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    ^watch out! Spearmint is an anti androgen.
    LOL

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I wasn't joking, but yea, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Haha I wasn't joking, but yea, lol
    Yep, I googled spearmint, and you are right. Shouldn't think the minuscule amount in that night time tea would have a significant effect, but who knows? Didn't know that spearmint tea is used in treating Polycystic ovary syndrome. Live and learn.

Seems like peppermint tea is a anti androgen also. Jeez, this topic is getting so boring

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i really am not too worried about miniscule amounts of the stuff in spearmint. maybe massive hops consumption, yes. but look up milk products and you will see that there is still bovine estrogen left over in the finished product. i think a lot of people miss the forest for the trees. they're worried about soy (isoflavones have both pro- and anti-estrogenic effects anyway) yet will drink aton of milk when bulking. oh well, this is a broscience sport anyway