User Tag List

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Substituding cardio for strength and proper form

I do empty stomach cardio sessions 5 days a week. Everytime something different.
    Mondays: 5 minutes on machines, 10 minutes pure abs and obliques HIIT style on empty stomach
    Wednesday: 13 minutes of pure insane Crossfit style, bodyweight movements on empty stomach
    Thursdays: 5 minutes machines then pure lowerback,core training for 10 minutes on empty stomach
    Fridays: Calves, a bit abs for 15 minutes on empty stomach
    Saturday: Shadow boxing for 10 minutes on empty stomach

My question refers to 2 exercises I wanna really excel in. Both Strength wise, and proper form wise. Squats and Deadz.

Would it be wise, to change one of these workouts for a 15-20 minute empty stomach training first thing in the morning for Squats and Deadlifts? Going very light, and with many reps and focusing on the proper form as perfect as possible every week? perhaps 5 sets of squats and 5 sets of deads, and then leave the gym.

You guys believe this would be a good idea? or somewhere along these lines?

Aim: Become stronger and better at Squats and deadlifts. Please advice! Before I start something not worthwhile.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few things about squats IMO: developing great squat form takes years. Even the Bros that taught me sometimes have shitty form when you get up in weight and they have been lifting/teaching lifting for 15+ years. That being said I don't think keeping the weight light will help solidify your form. For strength training I like to hit legs twice a week and I do a light day and a heavy day but always hit it hard. Push to failure

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Substituding cardio for strength and proper form

I am starting to think that volume is king. I'm doing high frequency training currently (with push ups/dips and rows) and I can feel and see it make a difference. So, I think as long as your volume is increasing with subsequent works then you're getting better.
    If I were going to apply increasing volumes to dead lifting, I think that it would be imperative to undulate weight and variations of the lift.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip guys. Since I'll just try kicking it heavier every other week I guess.