User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ yes, Jones would take out Silva. Also Silva fighting GSP was always a stupid idea. Silva is a big Middle weight and to have him fight someone ever smaller is just not fair. I know BJ Penn would have fought him at any weight though lol.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z View Post
    ^ yes, Jones would take out Silva. Also Silva fighting GSP was always a stupid idea. Silva is a big Middle weight and to have him fight someone ever smaller is just not fair. I know BJ Penn would have fought him at any weight though lol.
    after watching weidman and sonnen put him down at ease, i have no doubt GSP woulda handled him, despite the range issue, hed have to navigate the first 30seconds of each round, shoot, and control him and take the decision.......bones would be too much seeing he nagates the length and standup with his own

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulk View Post
    I think Silva underestimated Weidman and paid the price. I have to admit, I was scared for Silva as Weidman worked his ground game. Silva took at least a couple of hard shots on the bottom, but to his credit, fended off 2 leg locks and worked back to his feet. Standing up I thought Weidman was getting the better of the two, and although I was excited to see Silva "clown around", I thought Chris was getting the better of him yet again, and that Silva should have abandoned the antics and fight hard. When he got clipped and then ko'd, I was shocked.

Leading up to the fight, I had to figure out if the UFC was just hyping the crap out of Weidman to really sell this fight, as Weidman is not as recognizable and as bankable a name as others. The high lights of Weidman showed potential for sure, but I was just not that convinced yet. After so many authorities were commenting on how Weidman was "the one", I started to believe the hype, and after watching him take out Silva, I am a firm believer he truly was a terrible match.

If Silva does decide to take the rematch, i'll be rooting for Silva, but other than that, good job to Chris.

Up next for Weidman, i'd like to see Vitor get a crack. Although Vitor's weakness is against wrestlers, I still think he's a good test for Weidman's first defense.

And as for the 10 fights left on Silva's contract, it seems like several potential superfights lost a lot of appeal. I'd like to see Silva go up to 205 and use his superior speed and build up a challenge for the belt.
    Vitor will have to get off TRT first as he won't get an exemption in the US since he pissed hot against Hendo back in the Pride days.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the impression Silva is relieved to relinquish the title. He didn't seem all that disappointed at his loss. At his age, he's probably tired of defending. He's made plenty of money and had plenty of fame. The years have been good to him.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    I got the impression Silva is relieved to relinquish the title. He didn't seem all that disappointed at his loss. At his age, he's probably tired of defending. He's made plenty of money and had plenty of fame. The years have been good to him.
    That is a total crock of bullshit. Anyone with a competitive spirit never wants to lose especially with the bargaining power that him holding the championship afforded him. The payout for a potential Jones/Silva would easily be the highest in the history of the business.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said it was "my impression," you know, my interpretation based on his attitude in the interviews. Nowhere in my post did I present it as gospel. To me he sounded like a man that was somewhat tired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That is a total crock of bullshit. Anyone with a competitive spirit never wants to lose especially with the bargaining power that him holding the championship afforded him. The payout for a potential Jones/Silva would easily be the highest in the history of the business.
    might still happen, but much like delayed mega fights in boxing, its already lost its luster

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol all of a sudden silva is a bum and sure to be killed in super fights... who woulda seen that coming?
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Silva Knocked out UFC 162!!

Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    lol all of a sudden silva is a bum and sure to be killed in super fights... who woulda seen that coming?
    never liked him, cant deny his talent tho
    always thought bones would get him, and gsp had a great shot after seeing sonnen handle him

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    never liked him, cant deny his talent tho
    always thought bones would get him, and gsp had a great shot after seeing sonnen handle him
    IMO silva murders GSP and gsp knows it too, but i find it sort of an unfair fight and pressure on GSP to take it. size will matter too much in this case.

Always thought (proven wrong by silva being caught) that jones had the best legitimate shot to beat silva and silva had/has the best legitimate shot to beat jones.

that being said, personality-wise, i dislike silva, hate jones and think GSP is one of my favorite fighters in the whole org.
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness