User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    These things are the bomb. I walk around with persistent severe low back pain. I started doing rehabilitative Pilates a couple months ago, and that has made a HUGE difference. It's pretty spendy, though, and when i found out about the RR I decided to give it a try as a way of lessening the number of paid Pilates sessions. Works great. After just a couple of weeks, the pain is mostly gone, although I'm still stiff.

Another recommendation is the firm Rogue ABmat. Not as an exercise tool. I use it as a lower back support when I'm sitting in a chair or in the car. It used to be that it would take me a minute or two to be able to straighten out when I stood up after sitting for more than a few minutes - usually with some pain. Now the support it provides has obviated the whole problem.
    Looking for something similar. I'm tall and I sit all day and it's wreaked havoc on my low back. I just started using the inversion table but need something for my car and office chair. This may foot the bill. Right now I'm using a rolled up towel and duct tape......
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Looking for something similar. I'm tall and I sit all day and it's wreaked havoc on my low back. I just started using the inversion table but need something for my car and office chair. This may foot the bill. Right now I'm using a rolled up towel and duct tape......
    I'm 6'2", and this is the first thing I've found that works. Get the ABMAT 2, the firmer version. I had to drive 4 hours yesterday. Usually in that case, it would take me at least a minute to get myself out of the car, another 2-3 minutes before I could stand up straight, and 10-15 minutes before I could walk with no pain (just stiffness). With this thing I was outta the car, standing straight and moving around with just a little stiffness right away.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    I'm 6'2", and this is the first thing I've found that works. Get the ABMAT 2, the firmer version. I had to drive 4 hours yesterday. Usually in that case, it would take me at least a minute to get myself out of the car, another 2-3 minutes before I could stand up straight, and 10-15 minutes before I could walk with no pain (just stiffness). With this thing I was outta the car, standing straight and moving around with just a little stiffness right away.
    I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm in the car all day and I know exactly what you're talking about in regards to that. The towel works but it's a pain in the ass having to adjust it all the time.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, well worth it. I have the Blue model use it pre and post workout, Effective and if you consider how much it would cost to get massage 30 to 60 x a month it is down right cheap
    Last edited by Hank!; 07-24-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another random recommendation.

Remember Absorbine Jr?

Well it has an older brother, the original Absorbine liniment for horses. I got a big bottle of the gel a few months ago. It's only a topical analgesic, but it's very effective even for deep strains and soft connective tissue relief. I generally use it on my dodgy left shoulder and lower back everyday after working out, and anywhere else that's needy as needed.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, horse pain relief. I apparently have a store 2 miles from my house that sells it. I mean if EQ works this should, yeah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they good? Yes, rollers are good and work

Are they worth $70? Oh hell no, not even close, maybe like $20 but I refuse to pay $70 for a piece of foam. It's the newest overpriced gym equipment, give it a few years.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Are they good? Yes, rollers are good and work

Are they worth $70? Oh hell no, not even close, maybe like $20 but I refuse to pay $70 for a piece of foam. It's the newest overpriced gym equipment, give it a few years.
    And the resident contrarian chimes in with an ill-informed opinion. A RR is not simply a piece of foam.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    And the resident contrarian chimes in with an ill-informed opinion. A RR is not simply a piece of foam.
    Still not worth it

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Still not worth it
    Seeing as you've never used it, that's quite the arrogant position that you have, but I expect nothing less from you.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys