User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Seeing as you've never used it, that's quite the arrogant position that you have, but I expect nothing less from you.
    Yes, I forgot that you were my neighbor and know me very well. Next time read my post in full before commenting and looking even more dumb. I said they work but the price point doesn't justify buying one. Get over it.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internet fight over rumble rollers? Not here, boys.

I think it's safe to say that we all put different monetary values to things based on how bad we feel we need them. Most people spend $30+ a month on the gym, $100 a month on a cell phone, $300 a month on a car, etc, because they improve our lives. A one time purchase of $70 may not be worth it to someone who doesn't really need it, while being a bargain for the person it drastically helps.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My. 02.... I love my rumble rollers. Ive had mi e for over a year. Use them damn near every day. They aren't wore at all. Saved me hundreds in massage therapy. The higher density grey one I use to get to the harder spots that need some good pressure. The blue I bought for rolling my whole back out. I wouldn't be without. Watch GNC and Amazon. I got a smoking deal cause I waited for fall sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Internet fight over rumble rollers? Not here, boys.

I think it's safe to say that we all put different monetary values to things based on how bad we feel we need them. Most people spend $30+ a month on the gym, $100 a month on a cell phone, $300 a month on a car, etc, because they improve our lives. A one time purchase of $70 may not be worth it to someone who doesn't really need it, while being a bargain for the person it drastically helps.
    Exactly, for me I'd rather spend $70 on other things than a foam roller. Same way I'd say a Corvette is a fast car but I don't think the price jusitfies the speed the car gives you. For me I'd rather pay an ART therapist $30 once a year and get better results from that than foam rolling every day of the week.

Especially when more and more gyms are providing members with various rollers.
    Last edited by sandman; 07-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even using this justification it pays for itself in 2 years but I see your point. I do disagree however that a once a year visit will yield greater results than using a roller everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Exactly, for me I'd rather spend $70 on other things than a foam roller. Same way I'd say a Corvette is a fast car but I don't think the price jusitfies the speed the car gives you. For me I'd rather pay an ART therapist $30 once a year and get better results from that than foam rolling every day of the week.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumble Rollers - Worth $70?

How nice for you that you need ART only once a year; really, you are lucky. Others here are less fortunate. I e.g., have been getting it 3 times a week for 10 weeks @ the equivalent of $50 a pop and because of my DISH face a lifetime of it. It looks like my RR, which i just recently got, is not only going to give me nearly an equivalent amount of relief but at a substantially lower cost; it has paid for itself in less than a week. Not bad for a mere"foam roller". The problem with your attitude is that you seem to have missed Burly's point: Your (nor my) utility curve regarding the RR is not a universal objective standard measured against which everything else is a deviation. We just have different ones depending on our situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Rumble Rollers - Worth $70?

Ill be honest that I don't really us them although I should, but I am fortunate in that my gym has a ton of rollers from basic to advanced available for members.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hank!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they good? Yes, rollers are good and work

Are they worth $70? Oh hell no, not even close, maybe like $20 but I refuse to pay $70 for a piece of foam. It's the newest overpriced gym equipment, give it a few years.
    Rumble Rollers have been out for years and price hasnt dropped. I understand you do not see the value, chances are that you have never used one. Value is what the market bears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank! View Post
    Rumble Rollers have been out for years and price hasnt dropped. I understand you do not see the value, chances are that you have never used one. Value is what the market bears.
    I have used one, again I did like it, I felt it worked well. But not worth it's price for something that I have to use everyday to get minor improvements. I get it that you can have them for a long time and they won't wear out but theres so many other things I'd rather spend my money on, no big deal.

I think the prices will drop because it seems like popularity has grown over the last few years. Usually when that happens more companies will produce similar products and eventually the market price will drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumble Rollers - Worth $70?

Quote Originally Posted by LBC-83 View Post
    I've been using a foam roller for some time now and for the past 2 months or so it seems the effectiveness may be less than to what I am accustomed. Since I value the feedback of this community is the RumbleRoller worth the seemingly high price tag. User feedback needed!
    I know that I'm late to the party on this one but I think that the rumble rollers are definitely worth the price. Some have said that the value of the roller is hard to quantify but I do not believe so. Since owning it I have spent less time at the chiropractor which is $40 a pop every time I screw something up because I haven't stretched or done the proper pre-habilitation. Before buying the rumble roller I had a regular foam roller and it didn't quite get it to me the knobs really help target the area I'm using it on.