User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use DHEA against inflammatory rheumatism?

Hi!
    I have recently got the information that I have ankylosing spondylitis.
    With this information I have started to change a lot in my food intake and realized that I need to be smarter in my way to train....
    I found some information about DHEA against inflammation and rheumatism and started to think about to try it.
    Anyone who know anything more about this or have some experience about itin this matter?

I think about to try Dermacrine with 2 pumps or so and try it out for maybe 12 weeks or something.
    My hope is the DHEA is going to help me with the inflammation so I just have to use a small amount of NSAID to balance out the inflammation.

Anyone with any good thoughts?

Best regards!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant really answer your question, as I dont know enough on topic- but studies say that people with rheumatism and ankylosing spondylitis have low DHEA levels:

Bone loss in males with ankylosing spo... [Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

DHEA | Dehydroepiandrosterone | Arthritis Today Supplement Guide

DHEA metabolism in arthritis: a role for th... [Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

Overall, it does seem as a good idea to me, but I would leave conclusion for people who have more practical experience. Good luck bro!
    Last edited by Jelisej; 08-05-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for dosing od DHEA, I woud say the besti would be to test DHEA(s) levels before starting, and then after couple of weeks, also its good idea to check progesterone levels. After DHEA levels are topped up, excess has tendeny to convert into E2 (in men, in women it goes to testosterone) a lot, which is usually not desirable. Topical (especially when aplied to scrotum) can also convert to some androgens. Also your progesterone levels can become too high, and progesterone has a mild sedating effect and anything sedating can lower libido.

Best is to start with lower dose, and check your bloodwork, once you get dosage right, you can more-less run it indefinitely with very little to none supression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you a lot for respond and the links. That was some of the sites that made me look into this.
    I will try to go with Dermacrine for one pump and then do bloodwork, and then we will se what happens.

Do you think it is a bad idea to use one pump of formasurge to control E2? I had good success with that back in the days, but then the dosage was a bit higher.

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should be ok with 2 pumps of dermacrine, then you can adjust after- its unlikely that you will have to reduce dosage. Also IMO it would be better to split dermacrine, and do 2X one pump.
    As for formasurge- I canot comment on it, personally I'm bit sceptical when it commes to OTC supplements, especially AI's as very often they have "dark secrets".
    As for E2, it is very important hormone- and it needs to be close to optimum range (which is 25 pg/ml +/- 10) more or less than that there will be side effect. In your particular case you need to be extra careful about going too low- as E2 is very important for bone health, and when its too low it weakens all bones- and we cant even notice that till bones start breaking. Its advisable to add vit D when using AI, but to what degree it will help with bones I dont know, but it does reduce pain in joints.
    Good way to gauge E2 levels is to monitor REM sleep erections, what we call "woodmeter". If E2 is in "sweet spot" man will not just have strong erections during sleep (and sex) but will wake up with serious bonner. If its bit off than when one wakes up- bonner will be weak but it will be very easy to get it up, if its more off it will be harder and more harder as it is more off.
    When person with high/er E2 starts for with AI he should do so till morning wood appears- and then stop, wait for couple of days and then start will smaller dose of AI- and experiment like this till he finds right dosage.

With possible progesterone is bit harder, because AFAIK there is only one prescribed med that lowers progesterone (it goes by some name like RU-something), so its good to keep an eye on it- pregnenolone converts to progesterone a lot. Progesterone is good when it close to upper limit but when goes to high it has sedating effect, which affects limits. Folks on TRT sometimes keep prog 2X or 3X over limit but those folks tend to keep test and DHT in upper levels as well.

I'm not sure if I gave answer that you were looking for, feel free to ask whatever interests you- in this small community we all try to help each other, and to learn from each other, also your experience will be valuable to us, so keep posting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    I think you should be ok with 2 pumps of dermacrine, then you can adjust after- its unlikely that you will have to reduce dosage. Also IMO it would be better to split dermacrine, and do 2X one pump.
    As for formasurge- I canot comment on it, personally I'm bit sceptical when it commes to OTC supplements, especially AI's as very often they have "dark secrets".
    As for E2, it is very important hormone- and it needs to be close to optimum range (which is 25 pg/ml +/- 10) more or less than that there will be side effect. In your particular case you need to be extra careful about going too low- as E2 is very important for bone health, and when its too low it weakens all bones- and we cant even notice that till bones start breaking. Its advisable to add vit D when using AI, but to what degree it will help with bones I dont know, but it does reduce pain in joints.
    Good way to gauge E2 levels is to monitor REM sleep erections, what we call "woodmeter". If E2 is in "sweet spot" man will not just have strong erections during sleep (and sex) but will wake up with serious bonner. If its bit off than when one wakes up- bonner will be weak but it will be very easy to get it up, if its more off it will be harder and more harder as it is more off.
    When person with high/er E2 starts for with AI he should do so till morning wood appears- and then stop, wait for couple of days and then start will smaller dose of AI- and experiment like this till he finds right dosage.

With possible progesterone is bit harder, because AFAIK there is only one prescribed med that lowers progesterone (it goes by some name like RU-something), so its good to keep an eye on it- pregnenolone converts to progesterone a lot. Progesterone is good when it close to upper limit but when goes to high it has sedating effect, which affects limits. Folks on TRT sometimes keep prog 2X or 3X over limit but those folks tend to keep test and DHT in upper levels as well.

I'm not sure if I gave answer that you were looking for, feel free to ask whatever interests you- in this small community we all try to help each other, and to learn from each other, also your experience will be valuable to us, so keep posting.
    Thank you a lot for your answers! I really appreciate it!
    I like this community a lot and it was the same for the old PP forum. I donīt post very often but I like the level on what some people write, like your post for example, so I use to log in to whats going on.
    Thank you again.