Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going Ape Shit

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit shoulders tonight around 9pm.

Did my first 3 sets of DB cleans, and that was enough for me. Really exhausting exercise. Used 60lb dumbbells which I feel is pretty good for only my second time doing these. Awkward exercise for my body type. Finished the last two sets with standing barbell press. Hit 3x140lbs for both. Best press ever was 1x170lbs, so working my way back up. Rest of the workout went well.

Really enjoying sipping my peptopro inbetween sets. Mix up 12g(3 scoops) with a scoop of Gatorade powder and 16 oz water. Drink half durring, and half on my way home.

Diet was on point so far today. In about 15 minutes I'll start my backload.

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I love potatoes, always have always will, I don't like the taste of while potatoes anymore though. Red and sweet potatoes for me!
    My mom goes crazy with potatoes all winter so expect to see them quite often this winter. Roasted, baked, mashed, potato pancakes, home fries etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Grape your diet looks a lot like mine last winter when I bulked it should do you good.
    Thank you. I'm really loving the carb backloading. Still astonished at the foods I've been eating.

As far as the pinini is concerned, add triple meat.

When i first started using coconut oil, i didnt like it much, but I just figured I'd get used to it... Which I did, I love the stuff!
    Usually throw some extra chicken and a piece of cheese when I get the chance.

I put my coconut oil in my coffee as recommended by Keifer. Would have no problem cooking with it though. I love coconut and the oil taste great. Should I be measuring it out in solid or liquid form though?

Pics will have to wait till tomorrow night.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been eating 7 whole right now scrambled with and organic mexican cheese blend, some tomatillo sauce, and 1/4# of grass fed ground beef. ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To drink, I'll have a kale and frozen berry (all organic) smoothy with water. Maybe milk (raw) if I need more cals.
    love eggs and this sounds like a bad ass meal. wish i was that motivated to add the shake/drink on top off all that..
    Last edited by milehighguy; 08-22-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had the money to eat all organic and farm fresh like some of you guys...Some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had some left over chicken from a roaster so threw a few pieces in my eggs this morning.

Working a double today, and all weekend so had to switch up the lunch.

Organic baby field greens, grilled chicken, hot peepers, 1000 islands

Grilled chicken parm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic work was done with 145lbs with 45 second rests. Not terribly hard.

Hit 165lbs for my three rep max on the close grip bench. 110lbs on my 3 rep barbell curl. Little bit of a swing and back arching on the last two reps.

Need to start working on my grip strength. More than apparent when curling the heavier weight. Same with the heavier hammer curls. Forearms need a good deal of work too. Long neglected.

Still waiting for someone to be home that can take some pics for this log. Should be Monday at the latest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekends are crazy. Been working 12/13 hour shifts.

Went to the gym early saturday as I have no choice. Was pressed for time so only made through the first few exercises. Dynamic squat went well. Pulled 300lbs for my 1RM on the rack pulls. Felt pretty easy, but my lower back was sore for most of the day after.

Got out of work early(10 hour shift) to go see Jim Gaffigan in AC, so didn't get to eat how I wanted. Had about 9 hour fast, and only came in at a little over 2,000 calories.

Yesterday's eating wasn't so hot, and again I was left at only slightly over 2,000 calories.

Today everything is on track. Hitting the gym in a few hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday's workout went well.

Decided to barbell bench as all the DB benches were taken up, and I didn't feel like lugging DBs across the gym. Hit 230lbs for my 1RM which was ten more then the last two weeks. Felt real good. I've never benched over 250lbs.
    Used a 35lb plate for my pull ups on the first 3 sets and a 25lb plate for the last 2. Hit all 5 reps on each set.
    Rest of the workout went well.
    Went out to eat last night with some friends at a local Mexican place. Ordered a steak quesadilla. This replaced the pinini in my backload. Everything else stayed the same.

Got some starting pics taken on the fly. Wish the back pic came out better, but beggers can't be choosers.

Last edited by Grape Ape; 08-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I crave Quesadilla so bad

Nice goal grape! And I'm digging the meals. How many times a day do you usually eat btw? And you said you work 12/13 hours shifts. You go with all your meals? maybe protein shake as well? Just curious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13 hour shifts have just been recent. They will drop back down to 10 hours soon...hopefully. Their only 3 days a week anyway.

I'd say I eat 3 meals as far a whole foods go. Breakfast, lunch, and then my backload. Intra and post shakes around workout time.

I'm usually about 6-7 hours fasted before I train. The All-In gets me through it, but surprisingly the fast doesn't bother me. Don't really notice it much. The large ammounts of fats must keep me satiated.

I'll update tonight's training soon, and thanks for checking the log.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a long overdue update. Been so busy.

Tuesday

I found out about 3 weeks ago that 12 weeks of just box squaring didn't translate
    into a strong back squat. Where my box was up to 315lbs, my back was pathetic.

Went about 20lbs to heavy on my first 5 rep set. By the 3rd rep I felt something pull on the right side of my lower back. Knew I was going to have to take ot easy from there. Still squared 240lbs on my 1RP. Not too bad. Best ever is about 275lbs.
    I've really come to like the dead squats. Real fun exercise, and I can move some heavy weight here.
    The one leg press has to be maybe the most intense leg exercise I've ever done. Just hard as all hell. I like it though.
    Diet was on point.

Wednesday: just some abs, calf and forearm work today nothing special. Diet was on point. Real hard to bend over from the back twerk.

Thursday: I hit shoulders again. Same workout as last week. Did the 3 sets of DB clean jerks, and then the 2 sets of barbell presses. Weight went up about 5lbs on each felt real good. Back felt much better, but not 100%.

Friday: used 150lbs on the dynamic work. Arms went well.
    Switched up my lunch and had some chicken salad with bacon. Then added some extra grilled chix and 1000 islands when I was down to just salad.
    Injury was pretty much healed up here.

The weekend: calories were low again. Need to get my diet situated here. Hard with all the work I'm doing, and then my social life has been picking up. Diet was around 2,500 calories. Missed my Saturday workout, wanted to push it off to Sunday but had a terrible night's sleep.

Monday: Gym closed, diet was decent. Maybe more around 3,000 calories. I'll bench today instead. Have an old friend coming through to lift with me.