Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going Ape Shit

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going Ape Shit

It's about time I made this happen. I'm relying on the familamb here at SS to help take me to the next level.
    I'm about 4.5 weeks into bulking now, following a carb backloading diet. Finding I'm putting on minimal fat and some very slow gains, so I'm happy.
    Didn't lean out as well as I wanted this summer, and strength def suffered because of this. I've never been the strongest guy in the gym though. I also didn't get as big as I wanted last year, as I couldn't keep my calories progressively increasing. This won't happen this time around.

Following a 6 day, 9 week power/volume routine right now. I'll probably have to write out the routine daily or upload a screen shot. Can't seem to host the file anywhere. Training is between 9 and 10pm.

A rough calorie/macro breakdown looks something like 3616 calories, 239g protein, 294g carbs, 156g fat.

Supps: Creatine HCL, All-In, Peptopro, Carboslin, Erase, Swanson Probiotic-4, Swanson Immune Essentials, USPowders 1-Carboxy, Raloxifene.

I'll try and get some current starting pics up tonight. For now let's look at some food.

- - - Updated - - -

4 eggs, 2 slices American cheese, peppers+onions, 2 slices of porkroll. Added in the 4th egg last week to keep those calories moving.

Decided to make some carb free sloppy Joes for lunch. About 8oz 85/15 ground beef per a serving.

Chicken pinini from work. Even the fresh motz is made inhouse on these things.

Some good ol' Greek yogurt loaded with sugar. The poptart I added in this week. Just don't feel I'm getting the calories I need.

2 servings of fruity pebbles. We were to poor for the name brand cerial as a kid. That extra milk as part of the backload too.

Lastly, some blueberry pancakes made with a scoop of blueberry muffin whey from our good friends at PN.

That covers most of it except my Post Workout shake, Intra-shake, AM Accelerator Shake, and last meal cottage cheese.
    Last edited by Grape Ape; 08-22-2013 at 01:32 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make it a total of 8 whole eggs every morning cooked in coconut oil.
    Add a whole avocado to your sloppy joes
    Eat 2-3 chicken pininis for lunch.

I'd also add in red potatoes to your dinner with some kerry gold butter or organic butter.
    Last edited by O_RYAN_007; 08-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    Make it a total of 8 whole eggs every morning cooked in coconut oil.
    Add a whole avocado to your sloppy joes
    Eat 2-3 chicken pininis for lunch.

I'd also add in red potatoes to your dinner with some kerry gold butter or organic butter.
    Love this post, except for the red potatoes. I hate potatoes, period....unless they're sweet potatoes! Those are some big ass paninis.....I dare you to eat 3. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Love this post, except for the red potatoes. I hate potatoes, period....unless they're sweet potatoes! Those are some big ass paninis.....I dare you to eat 3. lol
    I love potatoes, always have always will, I don't like the taste of while potatoes anymore though. Red and sweet potatoes for me!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paninis are huge. We sell them by the half. I'd say I would tap out at 3 and that wouldn't be easy. Alot of bread there.

The panini is my first meal after my PWO shake. I slam all my carbs in about 1.5-2 hours.

I'll def add an avacado in a few weeks when I need more calories. I can't eat 8 eggs though I don't really like eggs at all. 4 is my limit for now.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    Paninis are huge. We sell them by the half. I'd say I would tap out at 3 and that wouldn't be easy. Alot of bread there.

The panini is my first meal after my PWO shake. I slam all my carbs in about 1.5-2 hours.

I'll def add an avacado in a few weeks when I need more calories. I can't eat 8 eggs though I don't really like eggs at all. 4 is my limit for now.
    I'm not an egg fan myself, but I can church them up and get them down. I'll make a wrap of some kind and add hot sauce and a lil bit of honey.....nom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been eating 7 whole right now scrambled with and organic mexican cheese blend, some tomatillo sauce, and 1/4# of grass fed ground beef. ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To drink, I'll have a kale and frozen berry (all organic) smoothy with water. Maybe milk (raw) if I need more cals.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could get some pasteurized egg whites and drink them babies for the extra protein instead of four more eggs. Also O_Ryan you man after my own heart. Love coconut oil to cook in and Kerry gold mother of god that's good butter.

Grape your diet looks a lot like mine last winter when I bulked it should do you good.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I don't like kerrygold at all, tastes weird!

How about some organic valley..

Cooking in coconut oil is nasty too, I only take spoonfuls or put it in shakes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every morning my farm eggs are cooked in either butter from the farm, or coconut oil. They sell the butter really fast, so it's either organic valley, kerry gold (which my farmer loves when they don't have their own butter) or farm butter.

As far as the pinini is concerned, add triple meat.

When i first started using coconut oil, i didnt like it much, but I just figured I'd get used to it... Which I did, I love the stuff!
    Last edited by O_RYAN_007; 08-22-2013 at 07:53 PM.