Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    My weight is down to 221and my waist is down an inch. I'm almost a month in a carb depleted state. I've added HIIT sparingly due to time constraints. I'm not sure if I should add more because I've been worn out from work as I just put in a 84 hour week (4 nights, then 3 days with a 24 hour turn around). I'm kicking around the idea of a carb night, but progress has been so good to this point I'm uncertain and I can't train other than doing body weight stuff here at home.
    Sounds like things are going well. I would stay the course, and continue doing what you're doing as long as you feel OK.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Sounds like things are going well. I would stay the course, and continue doing what you're doing as long as you feel OK.
    Thank you. So, are you saying not to have a cheat night?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    Thank you. So, are you saying not to have a cheat night?
    If you need one mentally or can tell you need one physically, then go ahead. But if you are tolerating the ketosis well physically, then there's not a lot of reason to go out of it except for mentally. I'm not saying you can't. Just doesn't sound like you need one yet.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many carbs a day are getting in by veggies and trace carbs??
    I was LC for a long ass time but I would always eat some berries or watermelon a few times a week not for the carbs but more for a treat. Even eating berries and stuff I'd say I was around 50-75g carbs on those days so that's not much at all.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems like a lot to me scope, under 30 is not much IMO

At least for a low carb diet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt I was ever around 75 or even 50 but I never tracked anything so I just threw that 50-75g number out there, plus it wasn't every night just 2-3 nights a week. I've read a normal person uses about 75-100g carbs for everyday functioning.

Now I'm well under 30g a day when I'm LC because I don't eat any carbs but what comes from veggies and that's not much, but I have good sized refeeds pretty often.

To help with leaning out I've cut out all protein powder so I'm only eating whole foods, and in 5-7 days I've alresdy seen changes in body comp.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    How many carbs a day are getting in by veggies and trace carbs??
    I was LC for a long ass time but I would always eat some berries or watermelon a few times a week not for the carbs but more for a treat. Even eating berries and stuff I'd say I was around 50-75g carbs on those days so that's not much at all.
    I'm eating a couple cups of broccoli here and there. I'm thinking that I will wait a week or so because I'm still dropping. I'm tired, but I think it's from work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week I learned I need veggies in large amounts everyday if not I'm shitting water, and that's no fun. Lol
    Added veggies back in on Saturday and I'm back to normal.

Where are you at cal wise right now??

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    I highly doubt I was ever around 75 or even 50 but I never tracked anything so I just threw that 50-75g number out there, plus it wasn't every night just 2-3 nights a week. I've read a normal person uses about 75-100g carbs for everyday functioning.

Now I'm well under 30g a day when I'm LC because I don't eat any carbs but what comes from veggies and that's not much, but I have good sized refeeds pretty often.

To help with leaning out I've cut out all protein powder so I'm only eating whole foods, and in 5-7 days I've alresdy seen changes in body comp.
    you think protein powder is bad for body comp?

i was thinking of dropping it for a bit because it has "growth factors" which i think might help sustain my gyno... but also my muscle mass lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    you think protein powder is bad for body comp?

i was thinking of dropping it for a bit because it has "growth factors" which i think might help sustain my gyno... but also my muscle mass lol
    Yeah I personally don't do all that damn well with protein powders and whenever I drop them out of my diet I'm able to lean out without changing anything else. Plus I love to eat and without the shakes I'm able to eat more real food.

The Growth Factors don't care what they are making grow, and mine seem to make my fat cells grow quicker than my muscle do. Might be a good idea just to see if it does help out the gyno.