User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

So try to do Carb back-loading. It may be interesting for you (or TKD as said H2S)
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    You're correct. But isn't nutrient shuttling heightened after stimulating the muscle? You will return to ketosis but I'm not sure on weither this will mess with your fat adaptation.
    Unless I'm mistaken, ketones are the sign that you're body is burning fat for fuel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
    So try to do Carb back-loading. It may be interesting for you (or TKD as said H2S)
    I read a little on carb back loading and that inspired me to try this idea of mine. My goal is primarily fat loss, but I love weight training, so I'm trying to find the sweet spot for carbs. Of note is that I will also zig zag caloric intake such that workout days are higher calorie days.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, ketones are the sign that you're body is burning fat for fuel.
    Ketones are produced by the body for fuel in the absence of Glucose. I'm not sure what brought this up. What I was trying to say was that during the workout you should have enough glycogen in your muscles to fuel the workout. Then after when the muscle is stimulated and wants food, you give it those carbs to quick fill them, and shouldn't incur an insulin spike. I hope that makes sense. I know too much about Ketones, low-carb, primal, nutrition in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Ketones are produced by the body for fuel in the absence of Glucose. I'm not sure what brought this up. What I was trying to say was that during the workout you should have enough glycogen in your muscles to fuel the workout. Then after when the muscle is stimulated and wants food, you give it those carbs to quick fill them, and shouldn't incur an insulin spike. I hope that makes sense. I know too much about Ketones, low-carb, primal, nutrition in general.
    I just read your previous post wrong is all. I might try to mess around with order and take the carbs post work out one day. I just want for my muscles to take on the maximum amount of carbs without ruining ketosis. Or if it does, only ruin it for a small window of time.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be fine within 1hour before or 1hour after time frame. Really I'm just kinda stating the absolute best circumstances. Honestly if it's within an hour on either side of the workout you should be fine, and return to ketosis pretty quickly. But I'm interested in see how it treats you because I used to be <100g carbs per day and it seemed to work fine for me. I still get less than 30% of my calories from carbs.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

In few circonstances, after several weeks/months in ketosis, it seems to be possible to keep in that state even with up to 100g carbs/day.

Kiefer says that resistance training plays a crucial role in the move of tGlut (glucose transporters) inside muscular cells (and not in fat cells)
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
    In few circonstances, after several weeks/months in ketosis, it seems to be possible to keep in that state even with up to 100g carbs/day.

Kiefer says that resistance training plays a crucial role in the move of tGlut (glucose transporters) inside muscular cells (and not in fat cells)
    This makes me think that I should hold off until December.

I missed the window today because plans changed and I wasn't in a position to eat within the right windows. That said, I am still progressing. Today all I had time for was squats, dead lifts and prowler pushing. Brutal but efficient. Thursday is a night shift, but I may still be a position to try the experiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

After a month or so of Ketosis (and a bit of a stall fat loss wise), I cheated hard core. Surprisingly, today, 24 hrs later, I am back into Ketosis. Also of note, I reinstalled the fasted period back into my protocol which may or may not matter. Tomorrow, an hour out from my workout I'm going to consume 50 grams of protein and 30 grams of carbs (oatmeal). Post work out, I will go another 50 grams of protein and remain carbohydrate free. I'll piss on some keto sticks and get back to you.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never actually monitored with sticks when I have tried keto for short periods of time. It is smart to do though.