Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bucks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    you think protein powder is bad for body comp?

i was thinking of dropping it for a bit because it has "growth factors" which i think might help sustain my gyno... but also my muscle mass lol
    When cutting protein powder takes less effort for the body to digest it than real food does. Therefore less calories are used by the body for digesting protein powder over real food. This is where highfiber greens really helps out because they burn more calories by the body to digest than the calories they contain in the food.

I've leaned out the most in my life when only eating real organic food and greens every meal, throwing in a cheat day per week for refeeds. That is impossible for me at this time in my life with my profession, but it works great for burning off the fat if you have the time to make the food.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Yeah I personally don't do all that damn well with protein powders and whenever I drop them out of my diet I'm able to lean out without changing anything else. Plus I love to eat and without the shakes I'm able to eat more real food.

The Growth Factors don't care what they are making grow, and mine seem to make my fat cells grow quicker than my muscle do. Might be a good idea just to see if it does help out the gyno.

maybe ill finish off my current stash of whey and then pick up some hemp protein and just use that post workout for the summer. haha hemp protein has to be better for the nips than whey, also a lot of fiber in there

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    maybe ill finish off my current stash of whey and then pick up some hemp protein and just use that post workout for the summer. haha hemp protein has to be better for the nips than whey, also a lot of fiber in there
    I just took all my protein powder to my GFs so if I get into it it'll only be for a couple days a week.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ketosis Monologues

Just thought that I would chime in with an update. I got down to about 218 before this carb up night celebration of Father's Day. A big thing that I think is helping this time around is the fat to protein balance. I am much heavier into fats this time around and I'm cutting faster than I have before, plus, I fucking love bacon (if only there was bacon flavored pussy out there;-)) and sausage and eggs.