User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the ROH-10 (d-limonene) in the Enzymatic Therapy Heartburn Free - I've had orange burps since about an hour after taking it. It's kind of cool, actually.

I went ahead and took my PPI this morning because I've read that the ROH-10 can initially aggravate the reflux before helping it (kinda like Hawthorne raises BP before lowering it). I'm going to discontinue all PPI drugs next week.

The ROH-10 is taken every other day for 20 days and they say it is not needed again for six months, in most cases. Meantime, I'll get some DGL and mastic gum.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probiotics and avoiding cheeseburgers/pizza/fried food is helpful for me when I get heartburn from orals..

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow ROH-10 is a huge amount of d-limonene, nice

check out PepZinGi too, man, stuff is good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is an off-day from the Heartburn Free. It's an EOD protocol. No orange burps today.

I have my fingers crossed that this stuff works.

Established Member Feedback Score 4 (100%) Enuke65's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What brand and dose of methyl b12 are you using?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irwin Naturals Mega B Complex softgels with methylcobalamin and medium-chain triglycerides. It also has Bioperine for absorption enhancement.

$15.99 for two months worth.

Taken per label recommendation. Takes a couple weeks or so to start feeling the full effects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the breakdown:

Thiamine (as Thiamine Mononitrate) (B1) 30 mg 2,000%
    Riboflavin (B2) 30 mg 1,765%
    Niacin (as Niacinamide) (B3) 30 mg 150%
    Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 30 mg 1,500%
    Folic Acid (B9) 400 mcg 100%
    Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg 16,667%
    Biotin (B7) 300 mcg 100%
    Pantothenic Acid (as D-Calcium Pantothenate) (B5) 30 mg 300%
    Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil 455 mg †
    N,N-Dimethylglycine (DMG) (B15) 30 mg †
    BioPerine ComplexBioPerine® Black Pepper extract (95% piperine) (fruit), Ginger extract (5% gingerols) (root) 6 mg †

†Daily Value not established.

Established Member Feedback Score 4 (100%) Enuke65's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, gonna have to check it out

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resurrecting an old thread - but with some other info.

In regards to B vitamins - a lot of people have issues with Folate (as in poor absorption or biological pathways that are less than optimal). I notice that the B vitamin FPR is taking has folic acid -some people can't absorb that and convert it to the needed material which is Tetra Methyl Folate - for them the B-Vit has to contain TMF and not folic acid. For others, there are metabolic pathways that put them in need of folinic acid.

I recently sent a sample in for a complete genetic analysis at 23andme (23andme.com). They analysis for about 500,000 gene fragments for $99, and give you some reports on your genetics, whether you are a carrier for genetic diseases, how you react to various drugs and also some info about your ancestry. The interesting thing is you can then have your data analyzed at geneticgenie.com - and they give a full analysis of some of the major genes that affect how you use b-vitamins. You can also get more information about your genetics from Promethease.com and from MTHFRSupport.com. All of this stuff is time consuming but pretty fascinating - I am trying to figure my shit out. However, here are some samples of what I have found out.

I have dilated cardiomyopathy - it turns out I have defects in two genes that affect how the body prevents oxidative damage ( SuperOxide Dismutase) and these are correlated with cardiomyopathy. As a result - I should load up on anti-oxidants.

I have a defect in a gene that affects the bodies uses and uptake of Vitamin D - have to hit that up hard.

I have a gene that prevents me from recycling B12 - so my demand for B12 is especially high.

I have a gene that prevents me from converting methyl folate to folinic acid - and folinic acid is needed in other pathways. So I should supplement with folinic acid.

B vitamins are a huge part of the methylation pathways in the body - which deal with everything from processing estrogen to detoxing from drug use. Personally I have found this 23andme information useful in providing a direction for some nutritional supplementation. Some of it is just humorous - my wife's reply when I told here I was doubly negative in a gene that is related to empathy - "NO Shit Sherlock"