User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correcting a B12 deficiency is like getting your life back

The title says it all. I've been battling intermittent, but still consistent brain fog and tiredness the last few years. It wasn't until a blood test showed I was B12 deficient that I did something about it, and I'm not joking, it's like getting my life back. I take acid reducers every day for my GERD (something I hate, but I can't seem to get rid of any other way) and they prevent your absorption of cyanocobalamin, the most common B12 you find in foods and vitamins.

After a shot and several weeks on a high dose B complex with methylcobalamin (the neuro-active methyl B that your body can readily use), the difference is staggering. It happened gradually, but it happened. I have not had this much stamina in years.

Yesterday I worked a full day, trained for almost two hours, cleaned my house, ran with my dog and kids and had some fun adult playtime with my girlfriend and I still had a little left in the tank.

Anyone else ever in this boat?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correcting a B12 deficiency is like getting your life back

Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    The title says it all. I've been battling intermittent, but still consistent brain fog and tiredness the last few years. It wasn't until a blood test showed I was B12 deficient that I did something about it, and I'm not joking, it's like getting my life back. I take acid reducers every day for my GERD (something I hate, but I can't seem to get rid of any other way) and they prevent your absorption of cyanocobalamin, the most common B12 you find in foods and vitamins.

After a shot and several weeks on a high dose B complex with methylcobalamin (the neuro-active methyl B that your body can readily use), the difference is staggering. It happened gradually, but it happened. I have not had this much stamina in years.

Yesterday I worked a full day, trained for almost two hours, cleaned my house, ran with my dog and kids and had some fun adult playtime with my girlfriend and I still had a little left in the tank.

Anyone else ever in this boat?
    Been there, done that. Together w/ TRT, the b complex JFK shot i get every month - size of a race horse syringe - is what i credit with enabling me to feel like a full-fledged member of the land of the living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once in a while i geta boost of energy from B12 but I don't think I'm deficient. was when i was a vegan, though.

make sure to keep supplementing with methycobalamin because cyan when you're deficient can be counterproductive.

have you tried absolutely everything else for your GERD? DGL? mastic gum? zinc-carnosine? I'd be eating those like candy before i tried a proton pump inhibitor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid of DGL because licorice is estrogenic. I've tried about every kind of fancy enzyme and digestive aid to no avail.

I'm going to give ROH-10 a shot soon. I need to get the fuck off of theses PPI drugs. I know they aren't good for a person.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^most acid reducers are actually either estrogenic or antiandrogenic and have the potential to cause gyno...

- - - Updated - - -

Especially omeprazole

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never even thought of that because it never crossed my mind. Googled it and there are lots of reports that support what you're saying. I guess it's time to aggressively seek a different course of action.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suffice to say I've spent the majority of the morning researching not only all the natural remedies for GERD that I haven't tried, but I've looked into all the complaints of sexual dysfunction and estrogen-like side effects surrounding PPI drugs. I stopped and picked up some Heartburn Free (ROH10) from Enzymatic Therapy on the way to work. It's a 20-day treatment and looks promising. I'm going to also grab some mastic gum and DGL. It can't be any worse than the estrogenic sides from PPI drugs. I'll just run a one-pump preventative dose of Sustain Alpha while I'm on the DGL.

Thanks for lighting a fire under my ass to get this done!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam. That's tight. Glad you your pep back in your step. I tried Synthetek's B-12 for appetite but to no avail. They have some pretty dam good b-12 for cheap.
    Lasts a while too since it's the timed release, but obviously you now have a script for it.

Idk if this would work, but maybe a refrigerated pro-biotic? I have IBS that comes and goes, literally, due to my Lyme disease and a probiotic knocks that shit out. I know we're experienceing different issues, but possibly restoring the natural flora in there might help. Metagenics probiotics are the absolute best I've ever used. Check a local health food store.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also look into PepZinGI, a zinc-carnosine complex. that, mastic gum and DGL should knock it out. add the enzymatic probiotic and you've got a good stack goin there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell you what, though, the methyl B-12 is incredible. I can't go on enough about how human I feel now.

I also have 32 ampuoles of injectable B complex. My natural MD suggested daily methylcobalamin and one injection per week. But I've been feeling so well with the methyl-B that I haven't given myself another shot.