User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent this week trying to identify what I know I *can't* have. So far, it looks like wheat products all set me ablaze. I can't have chocolate or oats. I had chicken breast and rice for lunch yesterday and came back to work feeling like a drank battery acid.

Salad seems to irritate it as well. I think I'm at the point right now where the rebound acidity is totally out of control. No matter what I do, eating or drinking anything at this point will aggravate it, sadly. But I do agree with you. Changing the diet to contain as little wheat and dairy as possible is the long-term goal for sure.

It makes sense that methylated PHs would cause heartburn exacerbation. Anything that slows liver function could have a detrimental effect as heartburn goes.

I have done three full methyl cycles in the past -- once I used Havoc and twice I used Ultradrol. Last methylated cycle ended one year ago.

I've been suffering frequent heartburn since I was a teenager. I was medicated with H2 blockers (Pepcid, Zantac) until age 18 or 19 when PPIs came to market and I was on Prevacid, then Prilosec, the Zegerid and then back to Prilosec.

Research shows that upon quitting a PPI drug, your acid pumps go bonkers for several months, producing far more acid than before treatment. That's the dark side of PPIs that your doctor doesn't tell you about. Even a 4-week course of treatment creates rebound acidity.

I won't be able to get a true picture of my condition's severity for months, I'm sure. Until then it's experimentation and elimination.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely on fire yesterday with terrible reflux.

Greek yogurt for breakfast lit the fuse and I couldn't escape it all day. I had to be in early at work yesterday so I had no time to make anything. Reflux became aggravated greatly by the dose of ROH10 in the Heartburn Free. I couldn't shake it the rest of the day no matter what I ate. I tried TUMS, only to experience some temporary relief. Baking soda provided some temporary relief later on.

Cutting out the DGL definitely exacerbated the reflux. Waiting on the PepZinGi to get here. It should be here tomorrow.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 ALIEN's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How have things been going with the the attempt to ditch PPI's?
    I have taken prevacid (PPI) for many years and have recently tried to get off it. I have been taking Ulcetrol by Now Foods for the last 3 weeks and the results have been fair at best.