User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PES Alphamine 4 Week Recomp/Cut

First and foremost let me thank Socal Nutrition for the opportunity to try out this product.

41 year old female who has been lifting consistently for 12 years. In 2003 I placed in a state NPC contest, women's lightweight open. Since then I've been personal training others, focusing on special populations with good success.

Once someone said when I died they were going to cremate me and cap me as a supplement, so that tells you I'm not new to products.

5.4"
    145#
    24% bodyfat via calipers, which is too fatty for me

This is a 4 week recomp/cut, and the reason I split it up is because I prefer to be lean and strong as opposed to skinny and week so my calories will remain constant, the difference is switching to a modified lower carb diet instead of cookies for lunch.

Current Supplements

Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    Barlean's Omega 3
    Nature's Way DIM Plus
    SNS Glycophase (when consuming higher carbs)
    F3 Nutrition Annihilate Preworkout
    Isopure Zero Carb
    Later I will add Tonvara TrueTurk in that I'm a turkesterone responder.

SUNDAY 9/8/13

This was supposed to be a workout day but we stayed up nearly 24 hours and had too much wine. The next morning I felt not so great but took 1 scoop of Alphamine and it seemed to help with recovery. I went from wanting to burrow under the covers to making a decent breakfast.

MONDAY 9/9/13

2 Scoops of Alphamine 30 minutes before breakfast

1 piece of chicken bacon
    2 whole eggs
    1 almond blueberry pancake with sugar free syrup

6 hours later 1 scoop of Alphamine +1 Glycophase 30 minutes before lunch

1 scoop of Isopure with 1 tablespoon of natty PB, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon carob chips, 3 tablespoons of non-homogenized milk (this ends up like chocolate chip pudding)

Normally 3 hours after this I'd workout, but my schedule changed so I had to add an additional meal

1 over easy egg, 1/2 baked potato

9:30pm workout is very late for me in that my start of the day is 5am. F3 preworkout. Today it's Back, Triceps, Abs, cardio.

Deadlifts 3x5 225# the last set was only 3 reps; I forgot to tape my fingers; I do not use straps
    Closegrip Decline Bench Press 3x6 145#
    Superset Chins with Triceps Pressdowns 3x8 chins (last set 15# Monster Band assistance) 3X10 TPD 80#
    Superset 1 Arm Cable Low Row with Alt grip Pressdowns 30/20/10 50/60/70# for rows 30/40/50# for tpds
    Standing cable crunch 30/20/10 80/90/100#

Cardio was an attempt at tabata double unders but I had on lifting shoes so that lasted for 1 20:10x8 which is only 4 minutes. I headed to the elliptical for the remaining 1:1 intervals for an additional 16 minutes

Post workout was an apple and Isopure. About an hour later a serving of steamed mussels only.

My first impressions of Alphamine is very good, especially with giving me non-jittery energy at 5am in the morning. It's also very convenient, and unlike many powders, I could actually toss back the scoop in my mouth and swallow with a swig of water, no problems and no crazy taste, nose powder. The taste is good and the powder has no clumps. My fiancee' is snagging a scoop in the a.m. and whereas it usually takes forever to drink, downs it quickly. No appetite suppression to note as of yet.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: PES Alphamine 4 Week Recomp/Cut

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have here and look forward to your ongoing report on the Alphamine.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Thuirwyne, glad to have you here!

- - - Updated - - -

also, love the details that you're providing
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad to have here and look forward to your ongoing report on the Alphamine.
    x2. Welcome abord and good luck with the run!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always excited to see new members join here and share their experiences. Welcome aboard.

Also, thank you to SoCal for thier sponsorship of this log!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much everyone! Yesterday was an off day and my meals are the same with the exception of 2 less protein shakes. Tonight it's Chest,Bis, Abs and cardio again and I will update either this evening or early in the morning.

One thing I can mention is that since I started dosing the Alphamine I can't seem to get enough water, which is great. Before I knew I wasn't drinking enough, now I pretty much have to or get that uncomfortable dehydrated feeling and unsightly bloat (does not look good doing dl's).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick update. Yesterday was a workout bust, so when slacking, do it right. We ordered in as a cheat meal. Here's where it seems the Alphamine appetite suppression is kicking in; I only ate 1/2 serving each of cranberry walnut salad, Kobe burger, and sweet potato fries, and to my post meal chagrin, even that was too much. Typically I'll eat the entire burger and still want desert! Back on track beginning today for the next week and a half; no one's schedule but my own due to ball and chain being on call every other day then off to a conference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thursday
    2 Scoops Alphamine 30 minutes before breakfast +1 Glycophase

Breakfast
    1 piece of chicken bacon, 2 whole eggs +3 egg whites, 2 almond flour pancakes. I wanted a 3rd pancake but had no appetite for it.

Lunch
    1 scoop of Alphamine +1 Glycophase
    1 Victory Protein Bar and 1/2 Chiobani Greek Yogurt. I knew it wasn't one of the contaminated one so not being able to finish must have been the Alphamine

Preworkout F3 Annihilate

WORKOUT Chest/Bis/ Abs/Cardio

Flat Dumbell Press 3x8-10 65s/70s/40s*# *6:1:1 tempo
    Seated Dumbell Curl 3x6-8 30s/35s/15s*#
    Reverse Grip Flat Bench Barbell Press w/30x2# Monster Bands 3x8-10 95(155#) ss
    Cable Curls 3x6-8 100# (squatting/standing/rope)
    Low-High Cable Crossovers FST7 30-40#
    Incline Dumbell Biceps Curls FST7 20#
    Decline Band Leg Raises 4x10
    Decline Dragon Flags 2x10
    Cardio treadmill 1:3 intervals 20 minutes 0-10.0 incline 3.0 mph (my arches still hurt from those double unders; those must tape their feet or something!)

Postworkout

1 scoop Isopure
    40 minutes later Tandoor Chef Naan which is super clean and lean. 280 calories, mostly protein.

5 days in and the appetite suppression has finally kicked in good. Another interesting thing is that I typically enjoy a glass of wine with dinner but it doesn't taste so great since I've been taking the Alphamine. There's a love-hate relationship I've always had with choline and it's rearing its annoying head, but not too badly.

Does anyone have any opinion on dosing ephedrine with Alphamine? I've read before that's not a good idea but I have asthma and was thinking I could dose with the Alphamine, especially since I've done the ECY stack with no sides. Any input is welcome.
    Last edited by Thuirwyne; 09-12-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Administrator Feedback Score 1 (100%) SoCal-Nutrition's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad to hear this is going well for you!

I've never noticed how choline effects taste...will start paying more attention when I start my alphamine next week.

wish I had more experience with Ephedra, I'd offer some input there if I did.

also, those db presses and curls are darn impressive! I hope to catch up with you someday
    www.SoCal-Nutrition.com
    Use Coupon code SWOLE5 to save 5% on all orders
    Prescription Nutrition Now Available!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother is 81 years old, 5.0" and stronger than most men half her age. She was lamenting today she decided to jump rope out of the blue and couldn't get her feet up. So that is her project; relearn jumping. She has very broad shoulders and muscular arms even at this age!

Friday

2 Scoops of Alphamine+sample packet Metabolic Nutrition Tri-Pep BCAAS
    Morning cardio 20 min 3:1 intervals on the elliptical. I was sweating to the point of needing to wipe my eyes, and was trying to figure out why the only other person doing cardio wasn't sweating at all.

Saturday

2 Scoops Alphamine+1 Glycophase 30 minutes before breakfast
    1 serving ChocoLove Granola with lactose free milk, 2 pieces of uncured bacon, 1 omelet with jalapenos, onions, mushrooms (2 eggs 3 whites)

1 scoop Alphamine
    1 Victory Bar

WORKOUT Legs

I couldn't make it to Gold's so I worked out at our fitness center. It's not bad; dumbells up to 120#, decline, flat Olympic bench, several free standing adjustable benches, multistation cable crossover, lame super old angled leg press/ab/abductor, and an older not smooth smith machine.

Smith Machine Squats 6x6-10 I'll just use the added weight because the bar can't weigh much. 90x10, 120x8, 140x6, 150x6*, 100x8*, 90x10 *=2x30#monster bands
    SLDL 4x10 135#
    Zercher Squats ss Decline Dumbell Leg Curls 3x8 125# Zercher, 20# dumbbell leg curl
    2 sets Pistol Squats* 1 set of walking lunges *= Voodoo Floss wraps both knees. This was the first time I used these during a workout and can't wait to use them next week with free bar back squats.

Tonight I had to use my ventolin inhaler after the second set of squats, no issues with remaining Alphamine in my system or preworkout.

Post workout protein and meal stays the same.

Feedback this full week in...upon giving a hug my fiancee' exclaimed, "Wow, our bellies aren't touching like they used to!" So it would seem that Alphamine is reducing that middle aged more than pooch.

Hope you all had a great weekend and bet on Mayweather!