User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Well yes. Anything with a "proprietary blend" does not show all the ingredients. So just because something doesn't have specifics listed on it's label does not mean it's not amazing.

Take Craze also for example. That has a "proprietary blend". By the way I tried to get one of these today and they are upwards of $100 dollars per container the few places they are left.
    Just because it's a prop blend doesn't mean theres hidden ingredients, it still should list everything thats in the product, just now the amounts.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 1,3 dmaa products on the final chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Just because it's a prop blend doesn't mean theres hidden ingredients, it still should list everything thats in the product, just now the amounts.
    Is anyone here old enough to remember the drink mix called Hot Stuff? The first few months guys were getting huge from it, when the ingredient list was just carbs and protein. It made no sense. Turns out it was laced with dbol.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, it doesn't always..but in many cases it allows a retailer to place a "secret recipe" into their supplement and they do not have to list all the ingredients!!

This is not something I have come up with, this is fact, this is something well known that occurs in the industry It's not always a bad thing!!

Burly I remember HOT STUFF! I worked at GNC during college in the mid 90's and that stuff was flying off the shelves. Remember once it got pulled, they came back and introduced HOT STUFF II, minus the dbol.

Hot Stuff and Ultimate Orange were the best supps of the 90s prior to EAS and creatine imo.
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1,3 dmaa has me going crazy in the gym for 20 minutes only to be hit by a tsunami of nausea and exhaustion accompanied by a resting heart rate of 120 and a very shrunken penis. I didn't like it much lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, it doesn't always..but in many cases it allows a retailer to place a "secret recipe" into their supplement and they do not have to list all the ingredients!!

This is not something I have come up with, this is fact, this is something well known that occurs in the industry It's not always a bad thing!!

Burly I remember HOT STUFF! I worked at GNC during college in the mid 90's and that stuff was flying off the shelves. Remember once it got pulled, they came back and introduced HOT STUFF II, minus the dbol.

Hot Stuff and Ultimate Orange were the best supps of the 90s prior to EAS and creatine imo.
    If thats the case I want nothing to do with Angel Dust then and I'd be leary of supporting anything Iron Mag or Blackstone again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    1,3 dmaa has me going crazy in the gym for 20 minutes only to be hit by a tsunami of nausea and exhaustion accompanied by a resting heart rate of 120 and a very shrunken penis. I didn't like it much lol
    That would suck to encounter I actually have the opposite effect personally, I have tons of energy and feel like I could train for hours. Never had sexual issues but I know this happens to people with NO2 and other suppz, so i believe that it is possible.
    If thats the case I want nothing to do with Angel Dust then and I'd be leary of supporting anything Iron Mag or Blackstone again.
    Angel Dust is the only proprietary blend that either company carries, anymore. Pyro RX was one I believe but they discontinued it. In terms of "proprietary blends" look around the market you'd be surprised how many hundreds of products have "proprietary blends". In that event you may not want to take anything from any company that has a "proprietary blend". But this also supports the FDA and their stance on banning supplements because they are not FDA approved and they are not aware of the "true" ingredients of a product. I can see where it can have some good benefits for potential safety and quality control issues but then allows an abuse of power or control over what we take at the same time.
    Last edited by WesleyInman; 09-17-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would suck to encounter I actually have the opposite effect personally, I have tons of energy and feel like I could train for hours. Never had sexual issues but I know this happens to people with NO2 and other suppz, so i believe that it is possible.

Angel Dust is the only proprietary blend that either company carries, anymore. Pyro RX was one I believe but they discontinued it. In terms of "proprietary blends" look around the market you'd be surprised how many hundreds of products have "proprietary blends". In that event you may not want to take anything from any company that has a "proprietary blend". But this also supports the FDA and their stance on banning supplements because they are not FDA approved and they are not aware of the "true" ingredients of a product. I can see where it can have some good benefits for potential safety and quality control issues but then allows an abuse of power or control over what we take at the same time.
    Prop blends are ok, spiked products on the other hand is a different issue all together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed most guys knew about "proprietary blends" so this is probably a good education for new users into supplements so they are aware.

Proprietary blends are often used so "copycats" cannot mimic or make the exact supplement without labaratory analysis.

This also allows some companies to "pixie dust" their products, or put little or no active ingredients. It can certainly be abused as well by putting "other" compounds into a mixture.

Manfacturers are "supposed" to list all the active ingredients on the label..but this doesn't always happen. Many times companies will use a "proprietary blend" to explain another "propietary blend" and thus going in circles.

I would argue that with "ANY" supplement you are putting into your body, you do not know for a fact what you are ever getting. You can stick with well known and reputable companies, but even then over the years many reputable companies have "spiked" or added ingredients to their products. It very much does and can happen. It can happen in the pharmaceutical and food industry as well.

Lets look at Xenadrine EFX as an example..what common customer would have any clue what is really in this?

Ingredients for Proprietary Thermodyne™ Complex: Tyroplex™ (proprietary blend), Green Tea Extract (standardized for epigallocatechin gallate, caffeine and polyphenols), Seropo™ (proprietary cocoa extract standardized for PEA[phenylethylamine], tyramine and theobromine), Yerba Mate (standardized for caffeine and methylxanthines), dl-Methionine, Ginger Root (standardized for gingerols), Isotherm™ (proprietary blend of 3,3′,4′,5-7 pentahydroxyflavone and 3,3′,4′,7-tetrahydroxyflavone), DMAE (2-dimethylaminoethanol), Grape Seed Extract (standardized for catechins).

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Is anyone here old enough to remember the drink mix called Hot Stuff? The first few months guys were getting huge from it, when the ingredient list was just carbs and protein. It made no sense. Turns out it was laced with dbol.
    Used it and LOVED it lol